Craigslist transaction went south...

Hello,
Hope everyone is doing great. I have a situation here and I am hoping you guys can help. 
I have sold a home theater receiver to someone. We met at gas station and everything went fine. It happend on Sep 4th.  Today (Sep 15th)  i got a text from the same guy saying he just installed and the receiver is not working. He is going to take legal action against me. it was working receiver and i never had any problems with it. I don't know what to do now. . I am legal immigrant and working on visa.  Please advise.
Here is my ebay profile:  https://www.ebay.com/usr/manizthegreat

128x128manizkrishnan
September 15th 2017, 7:41:14 pm 
Hey you bought the receiver on September 4th.
It has been more than 10 days. Now you are
telling me that there is no sound output. Go
ahead and take a legal action. I would be glad
to face it

It sounds as if you are looking forward to some legal action.

Beware Craigslist, many scams. One scam is to replace a non-working unit with a properly working unit.

Say I own a Abracadabra Model ABC123, and it has stopped working. Then I scan the ads looking for another Abracadabra Model ABC123.
When I find one, I buy it. Then try to con my old one off as a broken one, and get my money back. Now my unit is working again, and it didn't cost me anything.

I've never done this, but I have heard this story many times, usually from Craigslist. Seller Beware.
As others have suggested, give the money back and record the transaction. Chalk it off to lesson learned.

I have sold about 10 electronics on Craigslist and each time I’ve insisted on demoing the components. A bit of hassle to do all that but it’s well worth it. I keep this bad boy in my vehicle for demonstration,

"Fospower 150w 12V DC to 110V AC Portable Automobile Car Power Inverter with 2 USB Charging Ports"

Also do not invite strangers to your home, always pick a public place to conduct Craigslist transactions.

Good luck!

@jmcgrogan2 ~ good point. Thanks for sharing.

Post removed 
Post removed