Not Enough Options for Auditioning Speakers

am in the market for a great two channel music system. They will be set up in a dedicated listening room that is 12'x17'x9'. The room is carpeted but not treated.

My budget is around $15k-$20k for speakers, wires, amp+preamp (or integrated).

I prefer towers as I like the full range and have had bad luck with integrating a sub. I started my search with B&W 805's and Sonus Faber Olympica I's (which are still on my short list)

My problem is that most of the dealers in my area do not carry very many brands, so it is hard to compare. I cannot even find one that carries the KEF reference.

I am leaning right now to the Sonus Faber Olympica III's but also really like the B&W 803 D3. I wish I could hear them side by side. The dealer with the SF's is great and has let me do home testing with several speakers and he is recommending the Olympica's.

I read a lot online about auditioning several different speakers but cannot find any place in central Florida that has most of the lines they are suggesting. I know if I pick the SF Olympica's I will be very happy, but I have not even heard the III's! I am just a little frustrated that the consistent advice is to listen to a lot of others, but I can't.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Thanks!
-Mobius
mobiusmu
@mobiusmu Too bad you're not close to me, otherwise you could hear my 802d3 and Olympica 3.. I agree it is difficult to demo everything that you're interested in.  Been there and done that.

I have had good friends come to my house that were a lot stranger then anyone who has come by to listen. Stranger then strange. Of course I am in Washington state where MJ is legal which might explain my friends. 
I would 2nd Gooses recommendation of going to Suncoast Audio in Sarasota. Mike the owner, has just opened his new store and it is filled with fantastic audio components. He is very easy to deal with and is very knowledgeable about audio products. He only sells 2 channel. You would be hard pressed to find a better place to audition items. His store should be a easy drive for you. Give him a call and tell him what you are interested in. He only does auditions by appointment. He is also the owner of the Audio Shark website.