CD-Rs' sound quality as good as store bought ??

I have the Pat Travers new SHM Japanese cd's.

I have ripped them into my computer with audio lab 3.0 with the rip speed set at NOT burst mode, one under, to slow it down. Also I burn the CD's to Taiyo Yuden cd-r's at studio quality 96 or the last option is 126K? or something like that.

Would I add any distortion playing the cd-r's at my preferred level ( it is Pat Travers !!)

or would the SHM originals offer better resolution? or would i not be able to hear a difference????

thank oyou

R
128x128arcticdeth
On my system I cannot hear the difference. I know that there IS a difference because my Naim CDS3 skips on some CD-R copies of CDs. Unless I use "black" CDR blanks, for some reason those never skip. Another proof that CD clones are somehow different is that my Wadia 781i refuses to play some CDs. But plays CDR copies of those same CDs without any problems.
But hearing the difference - no, I cannot. But its just me. Does not stop me from bying those cute overpriced boxes of Japanese mini-LP CDs :-)
arcticdeth-

if you are using the Japan Taiyo Yuden cd-r discs, there will be very little difference in sound quality compared to the SHM- discs.

Beware of counterfeit (china knockoffs) TY cd-r disc. They are out there in the marketplace.

Happy Listening!
thank you, i popped for the 600 pack JVC in collaboration with Taiyo Yuden, these are the real deal ! good stuff.

@jafant 

Burning to a taiyo yuden, will give me about %95 sound quality of the Japanese SHM cd then? or an audible difference which I would not be able to hear?  Thank you