Pioneer Elite DV-79avi -- Rotel cd14 -- Rotel Rcd-1572

currently using the pioneer dv-79avi for cd player.

i like it, its clear without any annoying harshness.

would i gain anything with buying the either 2 Rotel models????????

honesty and knowledge is a plus, if you have experience with  these.

Been through 5 CD players in the past 10-11 months, m and NEED RELIABILITY foremost !!!!!!!

i have the hotel dvd 1040, excels at dvd, audio is poor.  

heard the new hotel rcd1572 is an amazing beast, but would i gain any more for the 300$ difference between the cd14 model to the rcd 1572 new one?  I'm thinking "its new" bugs not worked out yet........ thoughts please

128x128arcticdeth
Hey look at the Tascam CD-200. It’s new, its a professional CD player and it is $250 on amazon. If you can connect an external DAC thats a bonus. That looks like a great bargain transport.
i have looked at it. I don't have my permission slip signed to make an unauthorized audio purchase :)

DAC's are out of my budget anyway. just need a reliable great sounding player. 

I may be stuck with the dv-79avi for a while...........

The Pioneer Elite DV-79avi is a very nice CD player.  The internal DACS are very nice indeed.

This would make a very nice CD player and transport later if you acquire a separate DAC.

I would also recommend the BD-O9 as both a CD player and as a transport.

Built like a tank (pioneer elite overbuilt their elite units).

I've compared the units as separate Transports and also as CD players vs. transport/DAC combinations and I have to tell you that they are quite nice. 

DV-09 (great transport), BD-O9 (definitely recommended as transport and CD player), DV-79AVi (very nice CD player).

you would be very hard pressed to beat these for anything under $2,000. 

enjoy

@Minorl 

Thank you,  I am happy that someone is mentioning good words about something I am using, usually I get, its ok, needs a better...? etc etc.

So far so good. The dv79 was used, and is old, a few small scuffs/light scratches the top of the unit. But as far as playback, so far so good............ thanks for the uplifting words.
arcticdeth-

If you are in a position to home audition a cd player to compare to the Pioneer Elite- go for it!

Otherwise, stick w/ the Elite. I use its predecessor the DV-59AVi which has the better video processor for DVD. The 79AVi has the better Audio processor.
Happy Listening!