McCormack DNA-1 Gold or DNA-225

I'm looking for a DNA-225, but am on the fence between a DNA-1 Gold revision.

If I go with the DNA-1, then I will likely send it off for a fresh Gold revision. Next option is find a DNA-225 and hold off on the mods for awhile.

My question is, how does the current DNA-1 Gold stack up to a 225 in stock form?

I'm looking at more $$$ to upgrade a 225 down the road and from what I hear an upgraded 225 is quite nice.

I know this is subjective but any opinions are greatly appreciated.
dyl71
+1!!! gdnrbob  Good lord, those amps are going to be awesome.  Congrats!  Please let us know of your joy when they arrive.
Wanted to update this, as mentioned earlier, it will be a DNA-1 with a fresh Gold revision, along with the plitron transformer, wire upgrade, diodes, and maybe something smaller along the way...but for the most part that's where we're at.

Been itching to try one of these amps for awhile, little more than I planned as far as budget but the consensus is it will be money well spent.....can hardly wait now....:).
Still own a DNA-2 LAE with 2014 Signature upgrades and it sounds great.  Currently using expensive Class A monos that do not necessarily sound better, just different and slightly more to my liking.  Ncore NC1200 monos did not sound better to my ears than the DNA in my system.  You are really going to enjoy your amp.

BTW, who is Pat? Steve's partner used to be Kris Jeter.  Is Pat new?
I wanted to update this, as the amp will be shipped this week. I ended up moving up to the Ultra Platinum DNA-1. With the price of the build, I contemplated an integrated setup but for the $$$ it seems like the DNA-1 will be well worth it, can't wait.
@dyl71   I just looked at SMc Audio's site.  If I understand correctly, you are getting the highest level of DNA-1 modification.  My Revision A+ as it was called years ago was the top revision except I kept the original transformer.  I know how great my amp sounds.  I very much look forward to hearing from you about the beauty you are about to receive.  Congratulations!