Shielded power cord best used on Digital/Source or on Tube Amps?

Well I just tried the Furutech DPS-4 power cable with the Furutech Fl-50 Nano connectors. I hate to say this but it is a very, very, good power cable. Detail without brightness and a deep deep soundstage. Powerful full range and great dynamics. Actually the best power cord that I have tried.

I ended up buying 7 meters of the raw DPS-4 cable and decided to try my hand making power cables for my system. I also purchased the Furutech Fl-50 NCF Nano AC/IEC connectors.

I will also be obtaining some Nanotech 308 cable. This cable does not seem to have the extreme shielding that the Furutech does, so my plan is to use the Furutech DPS-4 on my Digital and front end source equipment and the Nanotech 308 with my Amps. Both cables are 11 gauge.

Is that what you guys recommend before I start cutting lengths? The Amp cables need to be 3M & 2M long.

Thanks,
ozzy

128x128ozzy
@t_ramey,

Over the past year, I have purchased The Furutech FP-SO22N ( Blue 14 gauge), FP-TCS21 (Green 14 gauge), FP-SO32N (Blue12 gauge), FP-S55N (Blue 10 gauge) and the DPS-4 (11-gauge) from Mike Kay of Audio Archon: https://www.audioarchon.com/.

I found the Blue to be more dynamic and the Green to be a warmer and more laid back.
On front end components I prefer the FP-SO22N (Blue 14 gauge).
My DPS-4 is still in the burn in the stage, for a change I decided not to burn it in on my Audiodharma Cable Cooker. I have the DPS-4 currently on my Plinius SA Reference Amp, as Ozzy stated it sounded good directly out of the box.

I'll report back later after burn in is complete and I have an opportunity to do some comparisons with the DPS-4.
grannyring,

There is NO Way that I could unweave the braided ground cover. I tried, but it is such a tight weave and has no ends to start with. Maybe with other cables its possible but not with these.

lak,

The DPS-4  cables are extremely flexible. Nothing remotely similar to the Synergistic, Purist, Virtual Dynamics, and the many others from my past that were so unworkable.

ozzy
ozzy,
Yes, I realize that the DPS-4 is flexible. What I should have said is the  Furutech FP-SO22N ( Blue 14 gauge) is more flexible and of course lighter in weight. I'd always prefer the DPS-4 on my larger amp or power conditioner. On front end equipment based upon diminishing returns, I think the  Furutech FP-SO22N ( Blue 14 gauge) is the way to go. Just my opinion and of course nothing wrong with using the DPS-4 on all components. I'm still in the process of testing...
lak,

I see your point. However, I bought enough of the DPS-4 to power all of my source equipment including my Oppo 205.

ozzy

Shielded power cables should really only be used if you are running power close or on top of other cables that are very sensitive electrical interference. I don't run any power cables with shielding on them.