Best Budget RCA cables

Hi guys,

What is your go-to budget/inexpensive RCA cable recommendation ($30-$50)? Would there be an appreciable difference between this interconnect and $6 Kabeldirekt cables?  The Kabeldirekt RCAs sound pretty great to my ears!

Thanks!
Lee
leemaze

@213runnin - I don't necessary agree that all interconnects in a system need to be solid core.  Granted, that would be the best solution, but even just having one solid core is better than nothing.  I would recommend this at the last point before the amplifier to "drive" the final sonic signature of cable charge/discharge characteristics.

Another comment.  Some of these interconnects use a much larger 18awg solid-core conductor (such as Signal Cable or Beldon 1694 from Blue Jean).  I have done a lot of R&D with solid core and have found that when conductors are larger than 20awg, then you start losing high frequency detail and clarity.  The larger-core conductors would be very good for a subwoofer cable as the larger solid-core awg will convey much more power in bass notes.  However, it's a fine line.  I found 20awg to be the best all around.  With 22awg and smaller, it will still work, but you start losing bass/midbass impact.

Thanks for the thoughts guys! People love Signal cable. 

@lalitk to answer your question - I'm not really solving for anything in particular, just futzing. My speaker wire is 12 AWG Auvio brand I got on deep discount from a closing RadioShack. It was a noticeable improvement when I got it. And the Kablediretk ICs were a noticeable improvement from whatever crap wires I had laying around. So... I guess I'd just have to try something new out!

If you shop on E-bay, you can find audioquest ICs and speaker cables highly discounted off retail.

I believe you can find AQ Sidewinder or the Copperhead ICs and Type 4 speaker cables within your budget. The earlier version of Type 4, lacking the braided sheath, often come up for sale and can be bought very inexpensively.   
If you are ordering Kabledirekt from Amazon, please be careful. I ordered a mini-to-RCA adaptor to use my audio player in the car and it arrived crushed and bent, and the interior packaging was ripped up. Amazon creditied me with the purchase price, but I doubt I would order more cables from Kabledirekt.