Good Bass Recordings on CD for Subwoofer Testing

After reading Vade Forrester's excellent review of the Syzygy SLF870 Subwoofer in The Absolute Sound Issue 275 I've decided to try one.

My Magnepan 1.7i loudspeakers, even with a DWM Bass Panel, have always been a bit bass-shy. The SLF870 seemed like it might be a good addition. Amazon sells them, so I figured if it doesn't integrate well with the Magnepans I can always just return it.

The subwoofer arrives this coming Thursday. In the interim I'd like to find some good CD recordings for tests.

I'm looking for recommendations.

I listen primarily to classic rock and some classical, no jazz or hip-hop or metal though.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here's my current system configuration:

Magnepan 1.7i Loudspeakers with one DWM Bass Panel
Audio Research SP14 | Audio Research 300.2
Rega Planar 3 w/ RB 330 | Ortofon 2M Blue
Rega Apollo CD | Cambridge CXN Network Player | CXC Transport
Rotel 870 AM/FM Stereo Tuner | Terk FM-50 Powered Antenna
Pioneer RT-1050 Reel-to-Reel | Nakamichi 600

Thanks

-gb-

128x128gregorybraun
Go to Bass tune?......Not even close ""Come and Go Blues" Greg Almann  (Rumor has it inspired by His time with Cher!)
The Power & the Glory - M&K Real Time (not sure if you can get on CD)
Interstellar movie Soundtrack
Star Trek (the movie) Soundtrack
Marcus Miller (bass player) has a killer song heavy on bass.

Album - Renaissance
Song - Detroit
I used Pink Floyd Money with that great bass line when I was shopping for subwoofers.
The fourth movement of Saint Saens 3rd Symphony, the one with Marcel Dupre on organ, Mercury Living Presence with Paul Paray and Detroit Symphony. I heard it yesterday on a super sysystem with a 50 cubic feet subwoofer and all high power tube electronics. That’s what I’m talikng about! 😳