Morrow SP7 Upgrade.

Currently using Morrow SP4 Speaker Cables on Low Frequency (bass) in bi-amped system. Various Speakers used, at the moment Revel Ultima Studio. The Morrow's sound best of the cables I have driving low frequencies. At the moment Morrow have 60% off in their trade up program, (I would trade up SP2's I have in a budget system). Anyone have experience going from SP4 to SP7's, and how much better? What other alternatives for bass frequencies would you suggest if not the SP7's?
initforthemusic

Thanks, all.  213runnin:  The signal chain in question is Superberry DAC (a highly modded Beresford DAC) > MA3 (w/ Eichmann Copper) > McIntosh C220 pre > custom Litz RCAs (also w/ Eichmann coppers) > Vandersteen M5-HP crossovers > Odyssey Audio HT3 amp (w/ cap upgrade) > Ohm Walsh 2000s and a pair of Vandersteen 2Wq subs.  The only thing I changed was the IC between the DAC and the pre, so all of my impressions refer to that change only.

initforthemusic:  Thanks, I looked at the Cullen web site.  Not too much info on the cable geometry, which, I think, matters.  Is it stranded wire?

In any case, I will continue to try and put more hours on the MA3s, and try swapping the Monster back in once my friend applies his magic fix, and I will report back. 

I checked out MS audio and Sunny Audio on ebay.  It set off some red flags for me.  Their definition of Litz seems off.  MS Audio seems to be a Chinese company and the english in the ads is weak.  

I'm not sure what to make of this, but it could be some more of that chinese knock off product, or at least cable that is poorly manufactured.  I don't think it's for me.
Skip to content Home

Cullen Cable was founded on the simple premise that high quality audio cables could be produced in the USA at reasonable cost. This goal is achieved by drawing on many years of experience in many facets of the audio industry, then applying that knowledge and combining it with a no-nonsense approach to cable design and manufacture.

Copyright © 2017 Cullen Cable. All rights reserved.

@213runnin There are some poorly made Chinese products & some superbly made Chinese products. The MS Audio Silver Litz fall into the latter category. Beautifully made & finished, and such a solid feel, and their sound quality matches this. They are easily the best sounding RCA in the dozen or so I have. They bested the Morrow MA4, which I am a fan of, by a big margin, and have a more solid finish to them physically.

initforthemusic: Yes, I read that. It really says nothing at all. There might be very impressive technology in his wires, and the end result is what matters, but that paragraph says practically nothing. All I was able to learn is that his ICs use either one or two runs of 18 gauge wire.  Stranded?  Solid core?  Dialectric?  Shielding?  Capacitance?  No way to tell any of this from the web site.  Maybe he doesn’t want to give away his receipe for his special sauce, and I respect that, but most cable makers tend to provide a lot of details about the technology in their wires. Just sayin’.