Not Enough Options for Auditioning Speakers

am in the market for a great two channel music system. They will be set up in a dedicated listening room that is 12'x17'x9'. The room is carpeted but not treated.

My budget is around $15k-$20k for speakers, wires, amp+preamp (or integrated).

I prefer towers as I like the full range and have had bad luck with integrating a sub. I started my search with B&W 805's and Sonus Faber Olympica I's (which are still on my short list)

My problem is that most of the dealers in my area do not carry very many brands, so it is hard to compare. I cannot even find one that carries the KEF reference.

I am leaning right now to the Sonus Faber Olympica III's but also really like the B&W 803 D3. I wish I could hear them side by side. The dealer with the SF's is great and has let me do home testing with several speakers and he is recommending the Olympica's.

I read a lot online about auditioning several different speakers but cannot find any place in central Florida that has most of the lines they are suggesting. I know if I pick the SF Olympica's I will be very happy, but I have not even heard the III's! I am just a little frustrated that the consistent advice is to listen to a lot of others, but I can't.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Thanks!
-Mobius
mobiusmu
My son and I went to RMAF in 2010 to do what others have recommended.  It was a great experience and one that caused me to stick with panels vs cones and domes.  While show conditions are generally less than optimal, one does have the opportunity to audition varying speaker types.  In my experience, a speaker type should be at the top of any speaker priority list.  Do you prefer boxes, horns, open baffles, electrostats, full-range ribbons, etc.?  While there are obviously many sonic overlaps between speaker types, ones preference to a type is oftentimes a stable one.  At the very least, it should be one that all audiophiles make an attempt to experience.  A show like RMAF gave us the ability to hear most all of the speaker types that were available.  Not something that is possible to easily do outside of a show like RMAF or AXPONA in Chicago etc....

mobius...My standard (and obvious) comment on attending any show:

-Take a CD of music you like and are familiar with.  If they won't play, Walk.

-Take a pair of sound muffs.  Save your ears and sanity for what strikes your interest and/or your budget.  If people look at you 'funny', just grin and shrug...

After a couple of hours, they'll stop. ;)
@asvjerry unfortunately the majority of exhibitors don't bring CD players these days -you'd be better off with a USB stick, or an LP 😉
*L* Then bring all 3...that immediately marks you as 'serious' as opposed to being just another 'lookie Lou'....if the sound muffs didn't make them pause in the first place....

They charge admission to these things.  Well, why not 'charge' them back for your time and attention?  It's your money that they're after.  Why discount yourself from the get-go?

Besides, you can carry a snack in your parcel.  None of these venues seem to have such that isn't priced like 'ball park grub'.  Unless you enjoy paying major $ for a  f'n hot dog...

'Libations' is a whole other issue...you're kinda stuck there...;)
The OP has a budget.  I can relate.  Here's how to winnow the chaff from the wheat, which ultimately is His Call.  If you show up looking like a 'mark', you'll get treated as such.  If you appear Serious, it'll at least put them on their toes.  If it doesn't and they feed you 'tude, they're a waste of your time and $, because IMHO that's how they view you.

Be as serious as a heart attack.  It puts a whole different spin on the experience.  

Just trying to help the man out...don't intend to ruffle feathers here.  Just been there, did that, burnt the t-shirt, and moved on....;)