Not Enough Options for Auditioning Speakers

am in the market for a great two channel music system. They will be set up in a dedicated listening room that is 12'x17'x9'. The room is carpeted but not treated.

My budget is around $15k-$20k for speakers, wires, amp+preamp (or integrated).

I prefer towers as I like the full range and have had bad luck with integrating a sub. I started my search with B&W 805's and Sonus Faber Olympica I's (which are still on my short list)

My problem is that most of the dealers in my area do not carry very many brands, so it is hard to compare. I cannot even find one that carries the KEF reference.

I am leaning right now to the Sonus Faber Olympica III's but also really like the B&W 803 D3. I wish I could hear them side by side. The dealer with the SF's is great and has let me do home testing with several speakers and he is recommending the Olympica's.

I read a lot online about auditioning several different speakers but cannot find any place in central Florida that has most of the lines they are suggesting. I know if I pick the SF Olympica's I will be very happy, but I have not even heard the III's! I am just a little frustrated that the consistent advice is to listen to a lot of others, but I can't.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Thanks!
-Mobius
mobiusmu
JM Labs Focal/Allnic or VAC is another well-known match. Vienna, I think, needs poweful solid state, I didn't hear that particular model only a few lower models. What else?..Pass/ Dynaudio, Gryphon/just about anything, Atma-Sphere/Classic Audio, Lamm/Kharma or horns and many more.
@ricred1 

To quote you - "I don't think anything is the "best" so no matter what I have, I'll always know there's something out there that I may prefer more." I deleted part of that sentence you refer to to expand it. What I initially wrote included the words "best I could afford" and what I meant what was best for me, nothing more. I totally agree that there is no "best". Only what we like the best and all of us have different criteria for what sounds the best to us. And I agree with you, "there's something out there that I may prefer more". That has been the influence of many shows and get togethers at local hi-end dealers. And why I'm dreaming of building a new system. Hopefully my other comments concerning my experience have helped. You are totally right when you said "I submit shows can be a good place to get a general feel for the "potential" of a speaker".
Mobius, I am in Tampa and have the Tekton Ulfberhts, if you are interested in a listen.
One very frustrating aspect of speaker shopping is the fact that most are rarely set up to sound their best! I haven't visited a high end store in a long time but, back 20 years ago when I had the time and energy, listening in most audio salons was difficult at best. Dealers acted like high end art dealers who wanted your allegiance and money before helping you out. Audio shows are great fun but must be taken for what they are; compromised rooms with terrible acoustics. The best you can do is enjoy the ride. If something grabs you then that's a start. Joe 
I'm surprised that some of our senior...I use the term with respect to wisdom & experience and not age...members are guiding towards self-replicating pairing validations. Certainly a dis-service to the pedigree and performance of both the speakers and electronics that are mentioned. Binary, I think not. All the kit mentioned are well recognized brands that are surely not restrictive in what chains they can exist and excel within.

Wouldn't parings that don't work so well be a better guide and more informative?