Best universal disc player that has great audio reproduction?

I was flirting with the idea of replacing my separate BluRay player and my Classe cd player with a all in one universal player.
The movie portion is used sparingly but I do have a fair collection of bluray and dvd discs so as long as a decent performer in that region that will be good enough.
The crunch obviously is in the audio reproduction.
Recommendations for a true universal player leaning towards audio on a budget of approx. 2k used.
Thank you
128x128uberwaltz
I think it makes all the difference in the world. I find it very analog sounding with the ability to tube roll to customize the sound to your liking. After the mods, you wind up with a very "non-sterile" player that can play whatever you throw at it. If you sold you 105, you would have enough to buy a modded 105 and be within your budget. I have owned McIntosh players but to my ears, the ones I have had in my own home sounded veiled. I'm not bashing McIntosh at all, I own probably a dozen McIntosh pieces of equipment. Good Luck!
Not quite sure I would be anywhere near the price of a modwright 105, the only ones I have seen are in the 2500 range. I paid just 650 for my 105 in lightly used shape. 
Might be a better bet to just have my existing 105 "modded", will have to research this some more
after multiple failed attempts at stand alone cd players. I settled on the Pioneer elite DV-79avi,and am pleasantly surprised at the quality of this player. I have most of the video outputs turned off via the onscreen menu.

The pure audio button, sets down all vid outs, and turns off the front panel lights.

cd/sacd/dvd-A/dvd/mp3 discs/ pretty much everything ,,except blue ray. which i don't own any anyway.

nice player weighing in at about 20 pounds.

can find used for about 100$
Well for now I dragged the oppo 105 out of the ht rig and placed into the stereo rig and hooked up via xlr.
Pretty impressed just as it stands T bh!
Now looks like I have to buy a 103 just for the ht room.....lol.
Why not buy a better DAC than the Oppo for 2 grand and continue to use the Oppo as a CD transport and to play Blu Rays, etc?