turntables

I have a pioneer pl-51 direct drive tuntable I bought back in the early 70's. last time I used it was around 1989. it doesn't have a needle because my grandkids broke it. is it worth buying a needle to use it again?
128x128g_nakamoto
Hi Raul:
Sometimes I look at the question, without looking at any of the other answers, before I chime in.  I agree with what you say, concerning the disparity in quality between the two Pioneer TT's.  I was just saying that if he has all the prerequisites  of the basics in TT mode, sometimes it's senseless to spend bookoo bucks on a new TT.  I don't have the top of the line TT's, but would like to.  I've noticed if one has the basic requirements of a good TT, sometimes you can tweek it to sound almost as good as a superior make and model. IMO, if you have the basics, money is better invested in a superior cartridge.
hi handyman. i only asked the question if it's worth keeping to use. i have a mx132 pre-amp and it does'nt have a phono input. maybe one day i'll buy a phono unit to connect it to my system.