Oppo Vs Esoteric

Folks,
I would like to acknowledge the fact that I have heard the Esoteric players at AXPONA and coupe of other places. But my question is how much better is a Esoteric K-07X or K-05X compared to the Oppo UDP-205? I know that the Oppo UDP-205 is a killer machine for $1300. But it is a Jack Of All Trades, while the Esoteric is (soft of) Master Of One. So in that sense, can anyone let me know if it is really worth spending $$$$$ on the Esoteric (or a Marantz SA-10 or Luxman) compared to the Oppo?
Please share your experiences if you have compared the Oppo UDP-205 to any high end CD/SACD player.
Thanks!
128x128milpai

To further previous points, I have found that when you reach a certain level of DAC/source, the resolution of the interconnect can prevent you from hearing any difference that a superior device can reveal.  This was comparing an Oppo BDP-105 with a highly customized/rebuilt DAC.  With a warmer sounding cable (which essentially slows down the voltage charge/discharge rate) the differences were very small.  The customized DAC sounded very similar to the Oppo.  However, when applying a very transparent/revealing cable, the differences became very apparent.  I'm not saying that there are going to be differences in the equipment that you have heard.  However, there can be other limiting elements in the audio chain (interconnects / preamp / etc.).  Listeners who have a preference for a system that is voiced to be warm or laid back may not be able to hear significant differences in DAC/sources.

I have no comments on esoteric, but after attending Axpona for 3 years and hearing oppo units demoed (in many rooms), each year I compare my  (10 -15 year old) wadia 861se to my oppo 105, and they are not even in the same county. My suggestion would be to by the single function device, and be amazed. 

Best wishes, 

Perfect_sound
Everyone of us has a different character, different taste, different point of view, so even if we will set up two sets of equipment and play them the same time . There is one more factor which might effect our entire test , because not every day we are able to hear what hear the same , for example due to mood, even physical pressure can effect our tests and many more factors which I don't even think about  So most time we ask others opinions, books , reviews that is the beginning where we usually start. But in my case I can listen oppo because I own one 95 and I turn it on maybe once every 2 years check if it still works, but accuphase I have to turn on almost every day I think I'm addicted to it. I bought it to quench desire, and I know I will never extinguish it, and I'll never find anything better than this 
The Oppo 205 is way better than any previous Oppo.....however, it is still a stock Oppo.  No way stock will it compete with any big Esoteric or whatever.  However, modified it is another story.  You can see from my website what I do to the Oppo Sonica DAC to turn it into a serious DAC.  These same things I will be doing soon to the 205 making it a very serious player (for a very reasonable price!).  I do think the modded Sonica will be a better DAC as some of the 205 DAC outputs are used for the headphone output and the regulators power a bunch of op amps, etc. and not just the stereo output stage.  The Sonica DAC also has wireless streaming and a good app you can use with your smartphone.
The Oppo UDP-205 is an **absolutely essential** piece of gear in any serious A/V system, regardless of how much better the Esoteric is.

My suggestion, buy both, a UDP-205 and whatever else.