Thiel 7.2 - Classe, Krell or Bryston?

I have had the 7.2's for 18 years with Classe CAM 350 amps. My pre right now is a Classe SSP-800 as it is a home theater / music system . My phono stage is a Manley Steelhead. Nordost cables.

I have always felt the Classe's were a bit anemic and have been looking for one last lifetime AMP upgrade.

I have been looking at used Krell FPB 600's and the Bryston 28b SST2. My budget is 8k or under. 

As I will not have the opportunity to audition and would hate to spend the money and not have a big improvement on the Classe's I would appreciate any opinions
kevinaudio
Kevinaudio, I haven’t heard the Classe pre you are using but have read good things about it.  I also have used Thiels 3.6 and CS6 for many years.  I have always used a tube linestage which added a little midrange “heft” for Thiels.  Have you considered that?  I believe your input impedance is high enough on the Classe to make it versatile with various tube preamps.

Dave, I saw those amps!  I considered grabbing one myself!  My Classe is easier to drive in terms of gain than my Mcintosh mono’s at 10K.  I am living in the past a bit myself with CJ/Classe/Thiel/Meridian.  The only components I have kept consistently updating is my analog front end - has kept me plenty busy!  Why mess with success?

pops
I have the serious listening and home theater system combined. I used to have a nice BAT tubeamp and my theater processor hooked up together (L and R through the BAT) it created too many problems with 2 preamps and also watching tv put a lot of hours on the tubes.

I scraped that approach and researched the best I could find that would work for HT and 2 channel analog and came up with the Classe ssp-800. 

If I ever go to two separate systems I think I would use the manley steelhead as the preamp - any suggestions on reasonable priced speaker cables for the Bryston and Thiel 7.2. I bought the Bryston balanced interconnects to try instead of my RCA Nordost Quatrofils.
Speaker cables - I use Straightwire Maestro II.  I have run the gambit on speaker cables and found the SW's to be the most balanced in terms of clarity, transparency, and tone top to bottom.

There's a completely recapped Krell FPB-700cx up for sale now for $6500. That should be able to drive any speaker reasonably well.