Current speaker threads are boring

Almost no talk regarding great speakers, just some endless midlevel stuff. Why is that?
inna
$2000 is huge money in a poor country, you must be doing alright.
Ralph of Atma-Sphere says a lot of helpful things. Does a lot of self-advertising as well, part of it is negative self-advertising.

Ralph is also an audiophile: I'm glad that he posts here and talks about engineering. I wish more of them would. Good to see Eric from Tekton is getting amongst it too, despite the minefield.

The Green Mountain Audio guy has posted some great stuff about crossovers and time-alignment as well. Not sure that I agree with him on everything, but it’s fascinating to hear an intelligent designer talk about something that I personally know bugger all about.
Inna
Yes, Focal belongs on the list, as does Von Schweikert, Martin Logan, Vandersteen and plenty of others: household names (among audiophiles!) that sell uber-expensive models meant to be regarded as  "statement" products. Significantly, the lower priced models in the these manufacturers' lines are often pretty good values.

"Giant-killer," I think, refers to the children's story "Jack and the Beanstalk". Though plenty of fairy tales have a dark and violent subtext, I don't think this term is offensive when used as it is in this discussion, to indicate an "underdog" that's performing well against formidable opponents. 
Andrew

@erik_squires 

"What makes me passionate about hating equipment is when a reviewer loves it and I hear it and go WTH?? That sucks. Not necessarily the price point.

The opposite is also true. When really good gear gets trashed in the press I can be pretty angry about it. "

Just because you didn't like something that somebody gave a review on and liked it doesn't mean the equipment is bad.     What you are expecting a system to sound like is going  to be different from other people and every system is different starting with equipment to room acoustics.