Current speaker threads are boring

Almost no talk regarding great speakers, just some endless midlevel stuff. Why is that?
inna
Could it be that a larger % of today's Audiophiles/Music lovers are seeking more value for every dollar spent.

Even though my budget is probably greater than average and I have owned some really nice gear over the yrs.I look for the most bang for the buck kind of gear now.

Kenny.
Just so we understand the parameters of high end and "midlevel stuff," can you define the levels for us? How much do I need to spend on speakers before they are "really high end"? How about amps? Sources?

I am not sold on a direct correlation between cost and quality, but then again I have never spent more than $15,000 on a pair of speakers. I am genuinely curious about this line of demarcation and how it is determined.
It's only a matter of time the Tekton goons come in here and claim they have struck gold or replaced some 30K speaker with the DI. Is that not an audiophile experience for you?
We are not talking about cost directly, though great speakers will and should cost enough. $15k is probably a good start.