CARY SLP05 - tube configuration?

For all you 05 owners, what are the tubes that you use or mix of tubes that you use and on which locations?  I currently have 4 popes in the system, mixed with 2 stock EH tubes in the right and left single ended negative sections.  

I find it to be the right mix of bite and warmth.  
joey_v
I gotta play with tubes again.  I wonder if there's a better combo in my arsenal than the dual popes in xlr and then a mix of 2 popes and 2 EH in the four left.

The best tube compliment/combination will vary based on the mode of operation.

If single ended from input to single ended output, you only need to concern yourself with tube positions #1 and #2.

If you are running single ended inputs to  balanced output, you need to concern yourself with tube position #1, 2, 4 and 5

If you are running balanced inputs to single ended output, you need to concern yourself with tube positions #1,2,3,6

Balanced in to Balanced output you need to concern yourself with tube positions #1,2,3,4,5,and 6

Tube positions 7 and 8 are for the headphones.

Put the inexpensive Electro-Harmonix tubes in the tube position that is NOT in your circuit based on the above configuration

The EH has an immediacy that I like... I need to find a better version of it but with the same sound characteristic
Post removed