Tekton Double Impact & Comb Filtering

Like many of you, I have been pondering purchasing these speakers but am very curious about the unusual tweeter array. I asked the smartest speaker person that I know (he is a student of Sean Olive) about the design and below is what he had to say.   

"In theory it could work, but the driver spacing means that the crossover point would need to be very low.
He is using the SB acoustics tweeter which is 72mm in diameter, center to center on the outside opposing drivers is around 5.7 inches, which is about 2400Hz. This means that combing would stop between 1/4 to 1/2 of the wavelength (between 1200-600Hz) is where the outside tweeters should start playing nice with each other.
Since he is not using low enough crossover points he has created a comb filtering monster. Now while it's not the great point source that was promised, it's no worse than most line arrays and the combing will average itself out given enough listening distance.

The MTM spacing on the other hand is ridiculous. Hopefully he is cutting the top end off on one of those midrange drivers to avoid combing."

seanheis1
Sean,

You have so much to say about this and to the best of my knowledge you've never called nor have you made the purchase - the reason you started this thread. To the best of my knowledge you haven't auditioned the DI's either. I encourage everyone to call me directly over just making the online purchase. You also keep lumping me with ZU. Respectfully, I'm questioning your motives here. I think it's time that you make the purchase or move on. At the very least you should call me to discuss the nature of the design and loudspeaker fully. 

Zu and Tekton reside in Utah and that's it. We have ZERO in common with ZU - nothing.

Eric Alexander - audio designer
801-836-0764   
Mr. Eric, I have actually said very little. I have posted the opinions of others, who are much smarter than myself...they don't have the innate knowledge of your loudspeakers like you do...but they understand the math and physics stuff and don't appear to have any conflicts of interest. 

My definition of hifi is improving the original recording. If that means tubes, vinyl, multibit DAC, or a bit of comb filtering to get that feeling of being there in the presence of the music, then in my book that's a good thing. 

There are a lot more speakers that I want to listen to before making a decision, but yours are by far the most interesting and I like the custom colors. 
Much, much, too much nincompoopery here and it is not from Eric Alexander or kdude66. I need to stop reading this particular thread. Best, mikirob
Geez, and all this time I've been thinking Peter Walker got it right with his Quad ESL back in 1957. Apparently not, as Eric Alexander now proclaims "If you want to hear it all were (sic) the only ones that can do it". Yeah, you and Trump.