power for mc452 and c2600

I'm relatively new to high end audio. Had a mcintosh integrated amp for few years and now decided to upgrade to separates. Just received c2600 preamp and awaiting on mc452 amp due to arrive sometime next week. 

I don't know anything about power conditioners and protection devices. currently using monster surge protector. My questions: 

1. what is the minimum protection device that one would use for my equipment
2. does it have to be a power conditioner or just surge protection
3. how much do these "power conditioners" contribute to the overall performance? Can you objectively measure their effect? Can they worsen the performance in any way by limiting power? 
4. is there a real difference in relatively affordable (200-500) vs. higher price units (1000 and above) ? 
5. What are you using and what is your experience with it? 
6. Your recommendation on units with good reputation under $500

thank you 
ei001h
@dlcockrum - shout out, remembered you live in Katy from another thread. Are you and yours ok? 
Hi whart,

So kind of you to remember and be concerned. :) Water levels are higher than I have ever seen them here. Great aquaducts in this area (unlike Houston) but not sure how much more they can channel away.

No where left to run...

Your prayers will be greatly appreciated.

Dave
You got 'em. From an irreligious jew. Just get the heck out of there if push comes to shove-- we had an evacuation plan post 911 in NY; I got my motorcycle license, my wife got a helmet, and we got a cat carrier for the kitties. Stay safe. I'll speak to the man upstairs fwiw. 
I too have been thinking of you today, Dave, as well as some of the other members who are in the affected area.  And I've been very glad to see that you've been able to post today.

Hoping for the best for you and yours in this terrible event.

-- Al

I could get an Isotek evo3 Polaris for $300 new without cord. Is there a difference between Polaris vs. Sirius ? Is that a good deal, or should I get the Sirius for 500?