Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Prof
When i decided that I wanted Thiel speakers I was looking at a pair
of 3.6s up in Portland but by the time I ready to rent a van and go and buy them the were gone , so I started to look for used 3.7s
but the prices were still to high for me ( $6,800 plus shipping ! )
so when I saw 3 pairs 2.7s going on E-Bay for $3,000 I didn't exactly jump on them right away , I placed a bid and lost :(  then another  
3 pairs went up for bid , I lost again :( , So I called the seller
Thiel audio and they had 3 more pairs and I bought a pair for $3,000
with first choice of finishes :) ,
on the same morning they listed 1 pair of 3.7s for $7,000 !
I thought about calling them back and buying them but still to rich for me. 
These were all new , Thiel didn't even know they had them until they went into the storage room were they thought the file cabinets had been placed after the move to Tennessee .
the last new genuine Thiels available .
I feel very , very Lucky.
and now very very Happy  :)

I haven't heard back from Rob at Thiel about the crossover capacitors yet .

Rob

unsound...

A few posts back you mentioned that you might be interested in the pair of 3.5's I picked up for a pittance?

After repeated trials I discovered that both midranges were failed, no sound. (Although I almost hate to admit it they still sounded good.)
Senior citizens ears...

Anyway, the cabinets were pretty rough - the roughest pair of the 3 pairs I've had, the tweeters are dimpled - not the single sort but more of an imperfect roundness all around. They work. The woofers are without flaw. 

I extricated the drivers and the crossovers from the cabinets, serial numbers consecutive 707 & 708, and the bass eq is functioning. All the screws, the badges I've bagged. 

If you or anyone else is willing to pick them up they're FREE. The mids look fine, they just don't work - no holes etc. If you have a pair that you might want "back up" for, they're here, and they're FREE. 

I'm looking at a B. A. T. VK300XSE Integrated with recertified factory warranty right now for around $3k; the extra 100 watts this will lend to my 3.6's seems a wise option IMHO. While the REL T7 sub I've added has made a palpable improvement to these great speakers, methinks a little mo' better amp wouldn't hoit, either. Previously I had a B. A. T. pre and loved it. 

To All

I'd like try to clarify my point , as Prof said the price of original

Thiel speakers is climbing so if you have decided that Thiel's are

the speakers you want BUY them , don't hesitate , be prepared to

travel , shipping speakers is difficult and expensive.

You will not be disappointed as most on this tread have testified .

Rob

Jafant

While await hearing from Rob at Thiel service I started thinking and researching , HiFi Shock has some great hi def pictures of the crossovers, you can see the difference in the 2.4se and the 2.7.

I also looked at the 3.7s , I thought that with them being the cost is no object that would look like the 2.4se but they look like they used the same caps as in the 2.7s .

Anyway if they can't be done by Rob at Thiel then I will try to find the capacitor manufacture that they used on the 2.4se and do it myself,

though this my have to wait until next year when I retire. 

I heard a pair of TT1 the other days I'm really underwhelmed... Even compared to my CS2.4's, they're falling flat. Just lifeless and boring, not "the window into the recording" I'm spoiled with from the traditional Thiel's. If I can find a pair of CS3.7's, those might by my next upgrade, but otherwise, I'm forced to leave Thiel. Any suggestion what I should be looking at if not for Thiel?