DAC Regenerator and Reclocking Devices

Hi,
Recently I've been looking at a few different devices to upgrade my signal between my Mac and my Ayre QB 9 DAC DSD. SOtM makes a reclocking / regenerator as does Ideon Audio and IFI. The IFI micro 3.0 is apparently the newest of them and looks like a great price when compared to the SOtM tx USBultra. The Ideon 3R USB Renaissance is the more affordable and was engineered strictly for sound quality. Does anyone have experience with these devices? Also, I want to mention that I've been adding Akiko Audio tuning sticks and tuning chips and I prefer their additions so far. Some good orderly direction would be greatly appreciated. 

goofyfoot
Thanks nordicnorm. I read that already.

Summary:
1) ISO Regen greatly reduced noise in Schiit Modi2 according to author’s measurements
2) ISO Regen had no effect on the signal in some other DACs the author happened to have laying around  according to author’s measurements
3) Author barely listened to ISO Regen yet declared no audible difference
4) Other "scientists" attacked author for being an inferior scientist
5) Author attacked other "scientists" for being inferior scientists
6) Yada, yada, yada

Conclusion: Egos makes these types of blogs useless. Worst among "scientists". Listening is the only way to judge audio devices. 30 day return policy facilitates that.

Dave

+1 Yes listening is key

However, if a device like this makes a big difference then my logic is "Houston we have a problem" - upon hearing a large difference you need to ask yourself what is severely wrong with your setup and the components selected and which component is it that is not working properly.

My view is that band aids should NOT be necessary if products are all well designed and fully functional to begin with. If a band aid makes an improvement then it points to an issue somewhere - it also begs the question: did the band aid completely fix my problem or only half of the issue?

If I find the need for band-aids I feel that the original components are deffficient and I immediately look to replace them because they are the root cause.
Audio devices are manmade, therefore imperfect. ALL OF THEM! Rationalization of reconceived notions toward the sufficiency or insufficiency of measurements to explain things beyond human understanding and, yes, the effect of preconception in either direction prior to even listening is the enemy. Period.

Dave
Yes Dave, I've been around and around with those on forums who make claim that scientific measurements and double blind studies are the only way of measuring sound quality in audio components. However, I think it's safe to say that most consumers of audio equipment do not conduct scientific measurements before buying something. And that this post is heretical by nature towards wanting to refute personal opinions based on a lack of scientific data. So please share your findings freely about the ISO Regen because some of us still want to hear about your experience despite a lack of quantitative data.