Shindo Labs Amps and Preamps

I have a pair of DeVore Fidelity Orangutan O/96 loudspeakers and am considering purchasing a Shindo Labs amp. and preamp. to pair with them.  I've been working with a very nice and helpful dealer who has recommended an amp. and preamp pair, but to optimize the combo it looks like I also need at least one Auditorium 23 Hommage SUT, as well as Auditorium 23 or Shindo interconnects and speaker cables.  The total cost is high (approximately $30K to $40K) so I'd like to get some opinions on whether Shindo is really that much better sounding than another amp and preamp pair for my loudspeakers.  Unfortunately, I don't live close enough to the dealer to listen for myself before purchasing.  I don't mind paying a premium and don't want to offend anyone by asking this question, but is Shindo really worth the cost in terms of sound and build quality?  Thank you for your time and assistance. 
pacific_nw

Muzikat,

Sorry to hear about your inability to get 6v6 tubes from Shindo.  Have you tried to get the same brand or similar tubes elsewhere?  Is there anything special about the particular 6v6s that Shindo stocks?

My amp runs a very similar tube and I have been told I can use 6v6s in the amp, but, I have not tried them.  The tubes I run are WE 349(four of them as output tubes).  I hope your 6v6s are a lot cheaper than WE 349s.

I'm intrigued by the Line Magnetic amps and can use help from those who know the line. Searching online I see reviews of products not listed on Tone Imports website so wondering if the line is broader than what is displayed online? I'm looking for a stereo SET amp, something like their 518IA or 219IA, but without the preamp section.

Anybody knows if they make such an amp?
I got plenty of 6v6 tubes from EBay, just not the exact brand, which were originally put in the amp. They were NOS I think from the 50's. 
probably not that much difference, but some say there is.
lewinskih01,

Might be best to just call or email Jonathan Halpern at Tone Imports and ask what if any might be available in the US. The Tone website, as I guess you saw, has a few SET amps listed, whether or not these are available in the US, or if there are others not listed Jonathan would know. My experience in emailing back and forth with him  regarding the LM 518IA was very positive.