McCormack DNA-1 Gold or DNA-225

I'm looking for a DNA-225, but am on the fence between a DNA-1 Gold revision.

If I go with the DNA-1, then I will likely send it off for a fresh Gold revision. Next option is find a DNA-225 and hold off on the mods for awhile.

My question is, how does the current DNA-1 Gold stack up to a 225 in stock form?

I'm looking at more $$$ to upgrade a 225 down the road and from what I hear an upgraded 225 is quite nice.

I know this is subjective but any opinions are greatly appreciated.
dyl71
Get a non functioning unit and have it sent to SMc Audio. They will essentially remove everything and give you a new amp. 
There is one DNA-1on Ebay with a 'Make Offer'. Have the seller ship it directly to SMc. Pat or Steve will guide you through the upgrade process.
Bob
I bought a stock 225 a few years ago and loved it. When I saw a Platinum come up for sale, I snapped that one up. It was a big upgrade from the stock amp. I sent it in close to two years ago to be upgraded again. It's now labeled an Ultra 15. I had planned on starting another system with my stock 225 but may consider selling it? Never heard a DNA-1.

Their upgrade program is different now than from several years ago. Steve makes his own internal wire, uses different solder in various places based on sound quality, etc....Very meticulous. Great to work with!
gdnrbob....the ebay amp is the one I went with....thanks for the tip. Everything just fell into place today, he accepted my offer, and the seller who is a very cool guy, lives about 30 min from SMC and took it over to Steve today.

Steve said it was a mono amp and I missed that, wasn't in description but it's a bridged mono so he said converting to stereo would not be a problem.

Going to get the gold revision along with the upgraded transformer.

I wasn't looking at a DNA-1 but seems like this is the one to go with. Can hardly wait to get it back and running.
Congrats!  As a long-time DNA-0.5 Rev A (now considering upgrade myself) owner I'm sure you'll be thrilled.  Keep us posted once you get it broken in. 

Good for you dyl71.
Steve/Pat are converting my DNA-1's to monoblocks as we speak.
As I said, he is going to remove everything, so whether it works or not, or a monoblock is not an issue.
I had the gold revision done a year or two ago, when I found another DNA-1-non working, I decided to go for monoblocks.
It is going to take some time. Steve auditions everything before he sends it out. In fact, he usually adds small upgrades as new things come his way. Just be ready to be wowed.
Bob