Insuring your Audio Room?

I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on insuring an audio room? I'm sure I'm not alone on here if I tell you that I have put a lot of time and money into piecing together a dedicated stereo audio system along with a large collection of Vinyl and CDs. My system is in a dedicated space in the basement of my house.

Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated.
iraschwips
Nothing to add to the discussion of insuring the system -- other than to emphasize the point others have made that you need to ensure that you have sufficient "contents" coverage to cover the system -- many policies assume contents as a fixed % of the value of the structure and this may not be sufficient to cover a high end system. I've also found it helpful to have a dealer periodically value the system -- or endorse the valuation you are keeping

Insuring LPs and media is more complex as many insurers simply will not touch them beyond very low limits. I've found that Collectibles Insurance (https://collectinsure.com/) provide good rates and good service (at least in setting up an out of state policy, I've never tried to make a claim) so you may want to give them a try
Back in 1978, Allstate wouldn't insure my house because my stereo system was considered way more than the % of the value of the house. 
Now I have extra riders for my stereo and art, pretty cheap, plus I have an umbrella for extra liability. 
Been thru 1 house fire that destroyed everything. Just because you have X amount of money for your items, you have to list every cd, album, fork, pair of underwear, cable, etc to the insurance company to get reimbursed. It takes months to file a claim. I have video of all my rooms contents and stored off site so if anything happens, I have proof.
I put my insurance coverage to the test some 25 years ago when my entire system was stolen right down to the last cable.  I was surprised to find that Nationwide didn't give me any hassle whatsoever about honoring the full replacement value coverage. Of course I had sale receipts for all the equipment which had all been purchased new from dealers and I had to sign an affidavit of some sort about these particular items having all been in the house at the time of the burglary, but other than that Nationwide just accepted my list of equipment that was stolen.  They also accepted without question the current replacement prices for these same models, despite the fact that prices of several models had increased significantly since the original purchase.  For example my Martin Logan CLS speakers were the original version which had been replaced by the more expensive Mk 2 version by the time if the burglary.  

Nationwide also didn't object to my purchasing different equipment so long as the total cost was within the total replacement cost value.  All in all, a very good experience.

These days, however, I am not so confident things would work as smoothly.  I have several "bespoke" custom products so it would be difficult to prove what their "replacement cost" is today.  Also what about equipment purchased used from another person?  I suppose I could show what I paid through PayPal but I won't have a receipt from a dealer.  And then there's the whole issue of my LPs.  I don't have a list of my 3000+ records and certainly no receipts.  How would their "replacement cost" be determined in the case of some catastrophic loss like a fire or tornado?  These are questions I hope will never need to be answered.  
Never become a member to audio forums. Stay off of social media. Never tell neighbors or close friends, maybe even family members what you're up to.