Hegel vs Rogue

I am looking to upgrade my system and am debating whether to go one of two routes:

A) Hegel H160 w/ Schiit Mani phono stage
B) Rogue Sphinx v2. w/ DAC (approx $1000-1500)

I like the power and DAC/Airplay options of the Hegel, but wonder if the Rogue paired with the right DAC would give a warmer more robust sound thanks to its tube-hybrid design. Any thoughts?

Would welcome all thoughts/suggestions, as well as good DAC pairings with the Rogue Sphinx in the $1000-$1500 range.

Thanks!
gritter2
a different DAC thread would be best

you are just going to have to do extensive amp listening comparisons at that level
I have the Rogue Cronus Magnum ll with Usher cp6371 along with the Yiggy and it's a great combo. In no way shape or form is the bottom end loose!
Everyone will have their own opinions when a question like that is asked.
You need to listen in your system, not always easy I know.
I compared the Rogue Pharaoh and Hegel H360 in my home for a few months. I use ATC SCM40 v2 speakers. I found that the Hegel was over damped for my speakers. 

I'm very happy with the Pharaoh and Siemens tubes but I'm trying to find a Class A amp that will give me the tube sound without relying on scares NOS tubes.

I still own my Rogue Sphinx v1 and it was great with my Ryan R610 speakers and NOS Mullards. I would only get the Sphinx if you have slightly forgiving speakers. The component/build differences between the Sphinx V1 and Pharaoh really show up on the ATCs. The Cronus Magnum II which I owned for a year is far better than the Sphinx in my opinion.