Correct way to attach speaker wires... Wait, what!!!

Okay this is going to sound ridiculous but I've always wondered if I'm connecting the wires in the proper way to the binding posts. I just picked up a Red Dragon S500 power amp and I figured I finally should ask the question. It has the screw down type of posts. Here is a link to the pic on their website. The wires I have are Mapleshade Clearview Golden Helix which terminate in a stiff single 3/4" wire. Any help for a dumb question would be greatly appreciated!
autre
grannyring,
" I don’t use binding posts, at least I don’t use them in a traditional manner. I just use them for clamping together the runs of the speaker cable and the crossover leads from the speaker"

I've been doing that as well with great results and have 16ga duelund wire running internally from the speaker cable to the lowther drivers
Boxer12,   Very nice indeed. I bet that sounds so darn real and open. Very nice! 

I use Kimber 4TC bare wire I purchased as left-over for $50 which gave me 2 runs of approximately 5.5 feet.

No issues with corrosion as I clean somewhat once per season frequency 4...5 times per year.

Kimber is also great value wire and bare hookup is very smart.  What do you use for cleaner? 
vinegar works - but why not just protect the connection so you don't have to clean it??

this is really a very simple thing - not that the crazed anti-vaxers won't try to post lots of silly