Correct way to attach speaker wires... Wait, what!!!

Okay this is going to sound ridiculous but I've always wondered if I'm connecting the wires in the proper way to the binding posts. I just picked up a Red Dragon S500 power amp and I figured I finally should ask the question. It has the screw down type of posts. Here is a link to the pic on their website. The wires I have are Mapleshade Clearview Golden Helix which terminate in a stiff single 3/4" wire. Any help for a dumb question would be greatly appreciated!
autre
Better to solder the connection to the spade or bananas you get a much higher contact area and it will stay secure longer then a simple crimp. Also more corrosion resistant. tin'd bare wire is also good or even bare wire. In the industrial military electronics world you would never use a simple crimped on connector unless you wanted it to fail or lose conductivity. Just my 2 cents 
Heat from solder can be bad for high-end wire that's why many higher-end manufacturers Just a use a quality crimp on connector I use Analysis Plus cables and they are by no means the cheapest they use a very soft brass pressed on terminations
All connectors degrade sound. All, regardless of cost. Bare wire is best. Do the comparisons and it is obvious. So, go with bare wire.

1) just clean every so often and no oxidatiobpn issues.
2) or just thin the stripped area - good option

You can buy some very good sounding tinned speaker wire from Duelund. Their 16 gauge stranded in cotton wire.  Makes great speaker cable and costs $10 meter.  It is tinned already.  You can buy it from Parts Connextion if interested.