DAC Regenerator and Reclocking Devices

Hi,
Recently I've been looking at a few different devices to upgrade my signal between my Mac and my Ayre QB 9 DAC DSD. SOtM makes a reclocking / regenerator as does Ideon Audio and IFI. The IFI micro 3.0 is apparently the newest of them and looks like a great price when compared to the SOtM tx USBultra. The Ideon 3R USB Renaissance is the more affordable and was engineered strictly for sound quality. Does anyone have experience with these devices? Also, I want to mention that I've been adding Akiko Audio tuning sticks and tuning chips and I prefer their additions so far. Some good orderly direction would be greatly appreciated. 

goofyfoot
The Uptone Audio Regens are excellent devices for the money. I have been using the older USB Regen along with 2 Audioquest Jitterbugs on a Mac Mini for streaming Tidal. The difference with and with out these two devices are quite obvious. Money well spent if you are on a budget.
Cheers,
Tim
Hi Tim,

Considering the purchase of an Uptone Regen. What is the difference between the USB Regen and the ISO Regen? Is it only the accompanying power supply? What power supply do your use with your Regen?

Of course, any helpful responses from anyone with appropriate experience are welcome and appreciated on the Uptone Regen and/or similar devices.

Dave
Uptone claims the ISO Regen is vastly superior to the older USB Regen. It would be hard for me to explain the differences to you, but it's more than just the power supply. If you go to their web site, they can explain it to you much better than I could. I haven't tried the ISO Regen, but would have no doubt it is better than the older model. I use the standard power supply that came with my USB Regen. The older version is still availaable, I believe. I think it is about $185. The ISO is $325, I think.
Hi Tim, I did visit the Uptone website before posting and it remained unclear to me re: the differences between the past vs current USB Regen and the current USB Regen vs the ISO Regen (excepting the power supply in the latter case, which has two options, an switching power supply (better than the switching power supply with the USB Regen??) or a linear power supply).

Read a very positive review of the current ISO Regen (vs Schiit, etc) but the reviewer considered the upgraded LPS-1 power supply essential and even recommended one from another supplier. $175 (USB Regen) quickly becomes $325 (ISO Regen) which quickly becomes $655 with Uptone’s linear power supply, which quickly becomes ???? with another manufacturer’s power supply...

See my dilemma?

Dave