power for mc452 and c2600

I'm relatively new to high end audio. Had a mcintosh integrated amp for few years and now decided to upgrade to separates. Just received c2600 preamp and awaiting on mc452 amp due to arrive sometime next week. 

I don't know anything about power conditioners and protection devices. currently using monster surge protector. My questions: 

1. what is the minimum protection device that one would use for my equipment
2. does it have to be a power conditioner or just surge protection
3. how much do these "power conditioners" contribute to the overall performance? Can you objectively measure their effect? Can they worsen the performance in any way by limiting power? 
4. is there a real difference in relatively affordable (200-500) vs. higher price units (1000 and above) ? 
5. What are you using and what is your experience with it? 
6. Your recommendation on units with good reputation under $500

thank you 
ei001h
Setting low $$ limits for this category of products is a mistake IMO, especially with an amp involved. Potential mistakes lurk everywhere and are probable. Learn more. Do nothing in this area until then.

Do you already have a dedicated 20+amp AC line from breaker box to your system’s wall receptable? If not, learn WAY more before proceeding to ask opinions for purchases.

Dave
How about NONE...Ive owned a MC352 for 10 years and its always been plugged right into the wall socket directly with never a problem (and I move a lot), the problems start when I’ve used cheap devices in the past (they color the sound badly and rob the dynamics and emotion). The MC452 has a fully regulated power supply...anything but a very high dollar (Dave is right) unit will just get in the way of really great sound But, if you must here is a link to a great affordable product that I have heard is one of the least offensive sounding...And Please Please pull that Monster Cable Conditioner off your system...It should be nowhere near a MC452.

http://www.audience-av.com/conditioners/index.html

Matt M
@ei001h,

I am with Matt and David on power conditioning. Congrats on your purchase, both of those components are great choices to start off your high end journey.

A dedicated 20 amp circuit would be the first thing I would address but if that’s not possible then I would look at non current impeding power / line conditioners.

Not too long I invested in Nordost QRT system and results are nothing short of amazing. One of the highlights of the QRT system is their modular approach, each products in QRT are cumulative and their effects are best heard when used as a system. I would start off with a QB4 and later add a Qv2 and Qk1 as your budget permits.

http://www.nordost.com/qrt-power-products.php

And once you settled with these components, I would suggest that you look into upgrading the Main Input and Output tubes on C2600 to something like Mullard or Telefunken. As good as the stock tubes, they are no match to one of these NOS tubes. I have tried Telefunken’s and they are very very good.

BTW, I do own couple of Furutech E-TP80’s. It’s a very good ’starting’ power strip but I wouldn’t recommend plugging your amp into TP80.

One thing I must say, you're now stepping into a territory where you wanna work with people with solid background and experiences. I would choose a dealer that has a consultative approach and not just focused on increasing his sales. I have worked with people that has not shy away from spending hours in guiding me through this journey. 

Hope this helps!
I've looked at many forums and have seen this topic discussed to death but still no clear answer. 
 I do not have a dedicated 20amp circuit. Probably will not be possible. 
 I do not need or want a conditioner per se. 
 What's important to me is protection first. And if I can get something that protects my equipment while takes away nothing in terms of current or sound quality, and stay under 1000$. Can I get a good surge protector without power conditioner? Does such a thing exist ? Many people say plug into the wall, but isn't that too risky? 
If you’re only looking for surge protection, I would recommend Environmental Potentials EP-2050 Surge and AC Waveform Corrrction. You would need to hire a qualified electrician.

Chris at VH Audio is a great guy and he will answer any questions regarding this product,

https://www.vhaudio.com/acpowerconditioning.html