High quality high pass filtering for speakers?

Is there a good option for high-passing the speaker connection in a high-end system? 

I want this for a few reasons.
1. NO loudspeakers will come close to a really good standalone sub. Even $20k + speakers end up with really bad distortion at 50hz.
2. My sub has 3 parametric EQs, which helps tremendously in dealing with a 12db spike I have around 60hz. It's no help at all if the speakers are playing that frequency.
3. Even with 2-way speakers, there is still a lot of overlap between sub and speakers without a high pass. Not ideal.
sboje
Post removed 
ive build a DIY Pass B1 pre amp and integrated at line level a 1st order high pass. by changing a resistor, I can change the cut off setting. for highpass under 100hz, highpass at line level is the only sensible way to do it. with a switch I can bypass the high pass. my test indicate this method is absolutely transparent and only bring benefits to my small P3ESR.

it transformed my p3esr, some sounds were blurried and is now revealed, its like a layer of details emerge. the p3esr w/ highpass + subwoofer competes with my shl5+ in most ways

If a 1st order (6dB/octave) high pass crossover is steep enough for you, all that's required is the installation of a capacitor on your power amp's input jacks. The value of the capacitor plus the amp's input impedance determines the "elbow" frequency of the resulting filter. The formula for determining the capacitor value needed to achieve the desired frequency can be found via a Google search.

If you need a steeper slope (2nd, 3rd, or 4th order---12, 18, or 24dB/octave), you'll need to go active. Pass makes a great one, but it's not cheap. Bryston's is somewhat lower priced, but Nelson Pass makes an economical one (retail $1500) in his First Watt B4, a great little unit featuring 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th order filters in 25Hz increments from 25-3200Hz, for both high and low pass, The filters are implemented via discrete components, no IC's or Opamps. RCA jacks only, no XLR/balanced version available.

Vandersteen Quatro are way under $20k and have a fantastic built in powered sub with 11 bands of analog EQ
and are phase and time correct with pistonic drivers
a pair of 5a ( no longer in production ) with push pull aluminum cone subs are around used for $8-10k
the 5a carbon is still in production
all the bass amplified vandersteen products come with very carefully engineered hi pass filters and correction for the built in sub amp

i am biased