Reverb

As my system slowly works itself up the food-chain, I can clearly hear more reverb in recordings - particularly with vocalists.   Why is it added with singers who have great voices?   With studio recordings, the room acoustics should be fine.  For that matter, they might even be in a booth.  (Reverb makes sense in recordings with not so great voices.)
steakster
It's about how the vocal sits in the entire mix.  It's a choice and it can be well or poorly done, but in general it's independent of the vocalist's singing or voice abilities.  Do a web search for "reverb on vocals" and you'll see how large a topic this is.  And yes, sometimes an appropriate choice would be to not use reverb (echo, delays, ambiance, etc.), but it really depends on the song and the arrangement.
Think of it this way. If you are in a concert hall listening to a vocalist live, the hall itself has a certain reverberation that you can hear from your seat. In a recording studio the vocalist booth is usually dead sonically. In other words all reverb is dampened with acoustic panels. Reverb is then added electronically to mimic the sound of a concert hall (which adds depth and spaciousness) at least to the degree the recording engineer deems appropriate. The sound of a concert hall requires a huge room acoustically designed. Since that is not feasible in a studio setting electronic reverb is used. The critical aspect is how it is used, it can be good or it can be over done which affects the final sound of the recording. Hopefully the recording engineer has has a good ear!
I agree with you i am the DJ and i can hear more filters during vocal for exmp.

I understood that you are making music too . 
If you are interested in vocal / acapella i can share with you this package
https://www.lucidsamples.com/42-acapella-vocals-samples
from Lucid Samples.
Btw you can share some music with me too.