Emotiva ERC-3 or Music Hall C-DAC15.3 / connections?

Hi,
first time post. Not an 'audiophile' per say, just a guy who appreciates good sound.

I'm looking at buying a new CD player and the Emotiva ERC-3 is on my short list. I've read good reviews and the 5 year warranty is a big plus.
I'll be hooking it up to an Anthem MRX 710 AVR. The Anthem doesn't have balanced inputs and from what I've read the ERC-3 sounds best using balanced connections.  So, would there be any advantage in using an XLR to RCA cable? Or am I going to get the same sound using RCA-RCA?

The Music Hall C-DAC15.3 player is also under consideration.  My speakers are Paradigm Studio 100's v2 
With the Anthem , which would be a better bet, the Emotiva or Music Hall?

Thanks!
kfoxian
gdhal, so you don't think it's fully balanced, but Emotiva does?

I am fully aware of the possible compromises in design that can occur when a component comes with XLR jacks though it is not fully balanced.  

Thank you for the offer, but I trust your memory of your communication with Lonnie, I don't need to see it.  I just went to the Emotiva product page for the ERC-3, and they seem pretty confident that the ERC-3 is indeed a balanced design.  Has an independent party found some sort of proof that it is not?
@213runnin

You are correct that I do not think it's fully balanced. I do not know what Emotiva thinks in this regard, nor do I know of any third party who can offer proof one way or the other.

Suggestion. As this is of concern to you, perhaps it behooves *you* to call Emotiva and ask. 
I also use the ERC-3 and really like it. RCA to my now vintage Quad preamp. Granted I haven't listened to many other players in my system, but it is much more revealing than my previous Yamaha player, but definitely not cold or harsh sounding. It is loud, but the only time it has bothered me is when there is absolutely no ambient noise (furnace fan turned off) and I'm standing by the rack. Once I'm sitting and listening I can't hear it between tracks. It is absolutely the best that I've used at reading old or scratched disks. I love the remote...it doubles as a personal protection device or for cracking walnuts. Can definitely recommend it.
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts.

gdhall and 123running, RE whether the ERC-3 is fully balanced or not, have you taken a look at the internal pics? Does the circuitry around the XLR inputs give you any better indication?
pics here: https://emotiva.com/products/sources/erc-3