VPI versus Ultrasonic cleaners

There have been rave reviews concerning ultrasonic record cleaners of all types.  But no ones has ever put the records under a microscope.  I am posting this because I have at 130x.

I purchased 2 of the same records, 1 ultrasonic cleaned and 1 not.  I examined them and the ultrasonic cleaned record while cleaner was not fully clean.  I contacted the seller and this was one of the drip dry cleaners.

I gave the ultrasonically record the following light cleaning (which did help it)
1 Docs miracle record misto sprayed and spread with a cotton makeup remover
2 Steam with distilled water
3 Vacuum with my VPI with a Delron tube (much better than the cheap clear one)
4 VPI record cleaner misto sprayed and spread with VPI brush
5 Steam with distilled water
6 Vacuum with my VPI
7 Steam with distilled water

The other record received the above process but repeating steps 1-3 and 6-7.  So twice the cleaning

I re-examined them under 130x and showed the results to a couple others who agreed that while clean the double VPI processes looked better.

Listening wise they sounded the same.  Listening was done on a SME20/3 with a Sumiko Palos presentation cartridge.   Any difference should have been picked up.

Shame I can't quickly post the pictures.  But in short if you have a good VPI process perhaps invest in a USB microscope and look at the record before buying another cleaner.  If you do get an ultrasonic cleaner I think it needs to be the drying kind.

ajcrocker1
kavakat1: ...an inexpensive source of ultra-pure grade 1 water. It combines reverse osmosis (r/o) with distillation then pouring it into bottle that will not excrete plastic residue into your h2o. The machines available are at Whole Foods.
Kavakat, I obtain my RO/DI water from the bulk water dispenser at Whole Foods. The stores in my area use Fresh Pure Waters dispensers and it is very high quality water when drawn from the DI lever (only one lever to turn, not multiple). The DI lever dispenses water that is RO filtered then pushed through an additional DI stack; is is not distilled. Fresh Pure describes its filtering process at their website: http://freshpure.com/your-questions-answered/

The cost at the Whole Foods Market near me is $0.39 per gallon and I believe this is their standard price across all of their locations.
Does anyone knows the power supply ac adapter which uses audiodesk? We lost our and need one urgent
I have a cleaner that's been sitting in the garage unused for a year...I use a Hunt brush to clean the records before playing, and am satisfied.