Tonearm microphonics

When I have the volume at my normal level & tap the arm (not whilst playing vinyl) it is slightly amplified... Is it possible to significantly reduce/eliminate this?

Current set up - Roksan Xerxes 20plus, Origin Live Encounter tonearm (thin cork ring at the base) with Lyra Skala.

Apologies if this is a stupid question!
128x128infection
Dear @cleeds : Do you mean that you tested before bougth it in your today cartridge room/system?

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
Dear @lewm : We can't argue against facts.

"  zeal to insult Raul  "  ? ?

Well, any ignorant, self masoquist and frustrated can't insult because just does not exist. Ignorance and frustration is a critical brain illness but who cares. Certainly not me ! ! 

Btw, here in town and between friends and as a joke when one gentleamn made a " mistake " on a discussion people say:

" hey, stop to make public your stupidity high levels. "

where " public " here means: shows to every one !

As I said: who cares.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
Its all a tradeoff.....years ago I went nuts and applied Marigo dots all over the amp and preamp....absolutely ruined the sound.  Re: damping in a tonearm.  I had the metal VPI arm which is easily damped by applying oil in its well.  3 drops of fluid ruined the sound space....1 drop of fluid was ok.....I went with no oil at all.

When the Townshend Audio Rock table was introduced in the 80's (I believe it was), which connects the headshell of the tonearm mounted on it to a trough containing silicone damping fluid, some of the British reviewers liked it's "master tape" sound, while others (particularly those in the Linn Sondek camp) found it's sound to be "overdamped", too "controlled".

Can an arm be "too" damped, too non-resonant? Are those two things the same? I don't want my arm to add any resonance to the sound the mechanical-to-electrical transducer (cartridge) produces, any more than I want the enclosure of a loudspeaker to add any resonance to the electrical-to-mechanical transductance the speaker performs. Is that a fair and accurate equivalency?