Tonearm microphonics

When I have the volume at my normal level & tap the arm (not whilst playing vinyl) it is slightly amplified... Is it possible to significantly reduce/eliminate this?

Current set up - Roksan Xerxes 20plus, Origin Live Encounter tonearm (thin cork ring at the base) with Lyra Skala.

Apologies if this is a stupid question!
128x128infection
Clearthink,  You wrote, "A microphone converts sound to an electrical signal by employing the use of a diaphragm. A cartridge is actually a tiny electrical generator that uses a stylus/cantilever to create the signal using a magnet and coil and the stylus/cantilever is excited NOT by sound but by the motion of the stylus/cantilever in the record groove!" 

Cartridges may not be (identical to) "microphones", but they ARE "microphonic".  In your zeal to insult Raul, you have gone off the track.  If you doubt me (or Raul), try shouting at your cartridge when your phono system is activated and phono gain is present.  As microphones, cartridges are less efficient than actual microphones, but they are very similar in concept. Both depend upon physical excitation to convert mechanical energy into an electrical signal. They are more alike than different.  Also, cut back on the caffeine; that may help.
@rauliruegas 

Totally wrong. The sound not comes from the tonearm: it can't be that way. Sound comes from the cartridge, that's the difference. Infection is hearing the sound from the speakers.
Of course!! I'm sure this is a language issue as you and I are in complete agreement on this point. I think you must have misunderstood.
Dear @cleeds : Do you mean that you tested before bougth it in your today cartridge room/system?

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
Dear @lewm : We can't argue against facts.

"  zeal to insult Raul  "  ? ?

Well, any ignorant, self masoquist and frustrated can't insult because just does not exist. Ignorance and frustration is a critical brain illness but who cares. Certainly not me ! ! 

Btw, here in town and between friends and as a joke when one gentleamn made a " mistake " on a discussion people say:

" hey, stop to make public your stupidity high levels. "

where " public " here means: shows to every one !

As I said: who cares.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.