Tonearm microphonics

When I have the volume at my normal level & tap the arm (not whilst playing vinyl) it is slightly amplified... Is it possible to significantly reduce/eliminate this?

Current set up - Roksan Xerxes 20plus, Origin Live Encounter tonearm (thin cork ring at the base) with Lyra Skala.

Apologies if this is a stupid question!
128x128infection
If you use a Stethoscope you will hear tapping on any arm you use!

Yes & if I set fire to my system it won't work. 
Fascinating thread...

Infection wants an arm that won't "tap". It's his sole criterion — he could list twenty different strength and weaknesses of his tonearm, but he doesn't — it "taps", that's it, so needs a new one. His new one will tap too but we'll save that for the sequel.

Meanwhile, Clearthink disagrees angrily with everything Raul says, as quickly as he can type it and post it.

Keep it coming guys, it's entertaining...
It also appears 16 of Clearthink's last 18 post, on 4 different threads , have been spent to dog Raul. 

That has to be a record of some sort!

....when I read the title of this thread, my first impression was that the tonearm was acting like a microphone, picking up mutterings during cue up....

The only thing to be concerned about would be if it taps back...in code...;)
Infection wants an arm that won't "tap". It's his sole criterion — he could list twenty different strength and weaknesses of his tonearm, but he doesn't — it "taps", that's it, so needs a new one. His new one will tap too but we'll save that for the sequel.

I'm not losing sleep over this & won't be buying another arm any time soon...more curiosity than concern.
Talking of curiosity, are you a 'masta' at being bi...?