Wilson Witt series 1 speakers, very odd problem, help!

Ok so I have a pair of Wilson Witt series 1 speakers I purchased used approx. 4 months ago and was very happy with them.
Now I am experiencing a very odd problem.
Roughly 50% of the time when I start playing music through them the mid drivers do not work at all on either of them.
This usually occurs if I am playing at night and START at lower volume levels.
The next day I play them maybe at much higher start volume they will work just fine.
That is what is most peculiar to me, just how they can work one day but not the next and work again.
I am not sure it is directly related to volume but that does seem to be when they decide to not work.
Does anybody have an experience with this or have any ideas what possibly to look for?
Source does not matter, it could be tt or cd or tidal, and usually when the mid drivers are not working just turning up the volume does not make them work on that run.
Very very odd and I truly cannot fathom just how this can be happening at all?
128x128uberwaltz
@audioconnection 
not quite sure what you mean by play it solo out of the cabinet?
do you mean desolder it from the main wiring and just hook up a pair of speaker leads to it and play direct at very low volume from my amp?
if so not a bad idea at all, thank you!
And I meant I was now going to call Wilson just to see how I get into to check resistors on the crossover without damaging the finish anywhere
So yes there is a lot of point to my post to see how others may have fared with the same speakers or good thoughts as per audioconnections last suggestion
Last time I had a similar problem with my loudspeakers, of course nowhere near the caliber of yours, I tested the driver - one woofer, by removing it from the cabinet and hooking it up to my cheapo integrated amplifier at the time. It turned out to be a bad connection and a simple fix. YMMV.
@KALALI    
Along the same lines as audioconnections thought process I think and a fairly quick and cheap test for sure!
Thank you!   
i'm not sure if this is relevant but i had driver doing similar things and eventually if failed completely it turned out to be the voice coil wire was broken just were it entered the coil. one of the things i noticed was when the speakers were playing if I lightly pressed in the cone it would make contact and play.... good luck with your issue