Tonearm microphonics

When I have the volume at my normal level & tap the arm (not whilst playing vinyl) it is slightly amplified... Is it possible to significantly reduce/eliminate this?

Current set up - Roksan Xerxes 20plus, Origin Live Encounter tonearm (thin cork ring at the base) with Lyra Skala.

Apologies if this is a stupid question!
128x128infection
Raul says " that tonearm has mounted a very sensitive microphone in that Skala cartridge ( or any cartridge, it does not matters. ) that when we tap a tonearm we can have that kind of tiny " sound ". Nothing wrong with that" then he says "I know is not a microphone and I know exactly how a cartridge works" but he doesn't know "exactly how a cartridge works" at all in fact as cleeds pointed out " microphonic behavior in a turntable system is something you want to minimize" but Raul says " Nothing wrong with that" when you have microphonics which as has been noted can cause distortion. So once again Raul shows he does not understand even the most basic operation of a good Music Reproduction System and when confronted with actual facts instead of his self-created theories Raul doesn't know what to say he does not even know how to say "I was mistaken" which is what makes his proclamations so especially misleading it would not be so bad if Raul said, "My theory is" but what he says is "it's a fact" and in the case of Raul his theory and the facts are often occupying separate universes but when Raul starts to get out in to the real world he will probably figure out that many of his theories about all sorts of things are just that and don't line up with how things really are. Time to start growing up and living in the real world, Raul!
I submit that tapping tests are inconclusive or misleading. We know that cartridges (and tonearms) are designed to have resonant frequencies around 10-12 Hz. That’s so acoustic waves won’t excite their natural frequencies (since they the acoustic waves don’t go that low). So it’s the very low structureborne frequencies we should worry about, not acoustic waves or tapping. Isolation, not damping, is the answer. If you don’t like the way tapping sounds don’t tap it. Tapping is not necessarily an indication of anything since most likely nothing natural will have the same impact or amplitude.

Ok but I'm curious: if an arm which is tapped is quite dead, is this an indicator of a superior arm thus allowing to hear more of a cartridges characteristic...? 
If you use a Stethoscope you will hear tapping on any arm you use!

Yes & if I set fire to my system it won't work.