Help Me Choose (new) Bookshelf Speakers, and Integrated Amplifier for $1300 and under!

Hello Audiogon Community, 

I would like to buy a pair of bookshelf speakers and an amplifier for a smallish living room, for $1300 or less. 

My decision was Elac UB5 and Yamaha 701 amplifier. Is this the best decision??

Some notes... I do not need a dac! A phono stage would be nice, but I have a music hall mini. My turntable is Music Hall MMF 5.3  We listen to all music, mainly acoustic, classical and jazz. We prefer a neutral, accurate sound.    

Thank you for your help and input!!!

128x128emremusic
Used Parasound HCA-1000 or 1500a amplifier Used Parasound P/LD1100 preamp and Dynaudio Emit M20 and what ever source you want. I think the UB5 was a good choice I bought a pair of B6 second hand when they first came out on eBay for $190 but just picked up an Immaculate pair of Tannoy Mercury MX2-m for $115 form the bay and in my room they sound identical. In this hobby I think it's more fun to have components gives it that old school feel to have a preamp and power amp makes set up fun and its cool to look at. Just my two Penny's cheers guys.
The elacs are quite good for the money. I was very impressed I setup a atmos theater used for 2 channel audio as well for a friend with the Marantz SR7010 for the pre a mcintosh 7108 amp with elac ub5s and a dual velodyne 12" powered subs. They sound quite good. I was impressed. I didn't like the B5s as much. The ub5s have better topend with the intigrated tweeter/mid-range driver. For the price it's a no brainier. I have since bought a pair for work paired up with a Peachtree Nova 150 for our commen area for my office staff. The girls crank it up all the time and it gets loud. As for speakers they are a great budget choice. I wouldn't recommend the Peachtree as there is no phono stage. But it's a great little amp none the less. 
Could always go with a vintage Marantz or pioneer sx series. It would give it that true vintage feel with nice chrome and the Marantz blue would be nice, and get a decent phono stage as well. 100-125 watts is all those elacs really need.