Devialet for Wilson Audio Sasha 2 Speakers

Does anyone have first-hand experience / suggestions using Devialet with Wilson Audio Speakers?

I have a pair of WA Sasha 2 Speakers in a 20' x 26' Room, with good acoustics; I'm considering the Devialet 200, 220, 250 & 400 Models - all have SAM (DSP) Processing for the Sasha 2.
jmvs
Dear Bubba,

Your comments are spot on. However I would point out one thing, this gentleman and I use that word lightly is using the forums to denigrate another member, and never brings anything to these discussions.

It is also unfortunate that he lets his personal feelings about me color his perceptions, and what is the perceived crime he is acusing me of, unbridled salesmenship. Wow I have heard of dealers who rip off clients, and knowingly sell bad or incorrrect merchandise, but no the worst crime if being an over the top believer and advocate of my products as well as having an opinion. UGH!

Dave 
Audio Doctor NJ

Dave:
If you in fact behave here as you claim to in your post, I will be the first to sheath my sword. I look forward to Troy (you both post under the name Audiotroy?) placing your gear in perspective on this site. I also look forward to Troy not invading threads in which opinions are requested about a specific brand that you do not sell to tell the OP that he or she should listen to gear which you carry because it is unequivocally better. 
You guys are both correct that I think you carry some very good gear. I have said that over and over again. Nor do I doubt the  knowledge or experience that either of you bring to the table--- although most of the dealers I know in the NYC area have similar or greater experience and don't have to talk about it here as if it were special. I have only objected to the way Audio Doctor promotes its gear here at Audiogon --often uninvited to the thread---unbridled, hyperbolic, etc. 
And you are correct about the BelCanto PL1 universal player with Shunyata pc and proper support which at the time was within a hairs breath as good as the DCS stack. I came to the same conclusion through my own personal experimentation (never having heard it from you) even though I purchased the player from Sound By Singer, and years later, the pc from another dealer. I still use that player with Shunyata power cord and support for dvd-a and sacd discs. 

one more chance on this.

gave another listen on some sonus faber speakers which i could not afford, and some other nice smaller dynaudio models.

each sounded dull, lifeless, flat, midrange and treble were poor.

then onto the Mcintosh, which made a complete 360 on the sound.
I then had him hook up my sunfire 600, and pretty much the same, life was coming out of those speakers, highs were flowing, and the bass was deep and tight.

i don't get why these all in 1 units are selling for so much, when they sound like a 80W Emerson boom box on such highly regarded speakers.

oh well, to each his own.  

as long as your happy........
I heard the Devialet  440 pro with Wilson Sabrina and sounds great. It will even be better with the  Sashas! 
Devialet will always engender controversy. Their products are unique and some people will be drawn to their sound while others will not.

As I mentioned earlier we had the 440 on display, and in some ways they were spectacular: no noise, great dynamics, nearly unlimited power, so yes they would sound good on most speakers. 

The real question for $19k a pair can you get something which is better?

So KW6 unless you had a comparable set of electronics how would you know if you could get something better?

That is exactly  what happened to us, we tried the Devialet mono blocks on both the Kef Blades with mixed results and our Polymer MKX-s terrible match.

The Blades sounded pretty good on the 440s,  but failed miserably to replicate the sound of our original reference rig with the Blades which were a set of Chord electronics with a EMM Labs Dac 2Xse, and of course the Chord rig was much more expensive but remember the Devialet Hype that due to their technology they could build products which were better than any competitive setup all for less money with one or two little boxes.

We ultimately parted ways with Devialet as the D130 was too expensive for many people to be considered a starter piece compared with the brilliant Naim Uniti products or the new Micromega M100  and the D 440 monos were more mechanical sounding then magical.

At that same price point you can get a T+A HV 3000 integrated with similar power 300 watts vs 400 and that amplifier is magical, and yes it will cost more as you will still need a digital source, but at the end of the day, there have been many dealers who have tried to live long term with Devialet and just couldn't ameliorate their one biggest flaw, sound lacks passion and a musicality, that draws you in and makes you want to listen longer.  

In the end we found the Devialet product to be a frustrating experiment that bore little fruit, we so wanted to love their sleek shiny superbly featured sexy boxes that were so good in certain areas and failed miserably in others. 

As with any audio product the end user must decide for themselves if product x y or z will work for them, what we are saying is compare and contrast to see if adding this or any product will create the synergy you are looking for.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ