Amp for Acoustic Zen Crescendo 2 ?

Hello all,
I have these speakers for 2 months now and want to move on to a tube amp of 50 - 60 wpc or so, or a SS amp that fits the bill..  My current amp is an Ayre V-5xe.  I'm looking for an amp to sweeten up the top end and has a midrange that does vocals full and articulate, even if that means colored.  The Ayre is a great amp but I think there is a better match out there.  I'll have to save up for used, under $5K.  I'm especially interested with what actual owners would say, as well as their system specifics, but all comments welcome.  Acoustics and speaker placement are fixed and substandard.  That's just the way it goes at our house.
I'm using a steel arm VPI TT with Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, ARC PH-7 and REF 3.  Thanks.

wlutke
Hi Kenny. 

No I am not, but I wanted to know more facts for the poster. If the poster wants a tube amp it seems like a solid choice. I simply have my system on far too much to run a tube amp. My Lyngdorf unit is just spectacular with my mods and the simplicity is hard to adbandon.

I owned a very special set of tube monoblock amps made and customized by Von Gaylord (Legend Triode) that competes with any tube amp costing up to $12,000 that I have heard. I have heard many.  I paired it with my Super Hot Rod version of the TRL Dude preamp and a superb Luxman DA06 dac.

The Lyngdorf simply gave up nothing and actually improved some areas.  Few know about it or will even try it, but I am the lucky one:)
No, it is going nowhere. Now I do have the ability to use it as a preamp, dac, and room correction unit with a separate amp if I choose. I have tried several amps with it, both tube and SS, but always come back to the Lyndorf on its own. It just draws me into the music more. 

I am am considering trying a First Watt amp and comparing just to see. Not sure it has enough power however. 40 watts into 4 ohms? My experience has been the AZ Crescendo can play with 30 watts, but plays better with over 100 watts. 
Kenny, mod that 508! Bypass those poor sounding binding posts! I know you have skills. Modifying that amp is not for the timid as I am sure you will find 700-1000 Vdc, not 375-500. Ouch! 
Kenny you can use pretty much any decent damping material with adhesive backing. Auto parts stores have all kinds like the brand Dynamat.

Soundcoat sells a nice product that you can buy from Sonic Craft. Here is a link.

https://www.soniccraft.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Soundcoat&search_in_description=1...

It is very expensive however. I needed a bunch to use in my server, amp, audio rack, and speakers. I used the stuff below, and while technically it may not meet the definition of constrained layer damping, it worked well for me. It is used by the military to damp vechiles etc... The price is right for the huge quantity of it. I used two or three layers depending on placement. Careful as it is conductive!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acoustic-Sound-Absorbing-Dampening-37-3-4-034-x-7-034-Adhesive-backing-10-sh...?

Billcendos. Well I need to,have a nice decal made to place on the back of the speaker. Great idea!

Bill,

Thank You for the info,the military surplus stuff looks like it would work just fine in most applications.Dynamat is the only one that I have ever used on driver baskets and inside chassis of components.

Kenny.
Kenny I like the Soundcoat product that Sonic Craft sells for the inside of electronics. Not conductive and works just great. Just to pricey for the bottom of Audio rack shelving and woofer baskets.