Price No Object Amps

Just posting for human interest/curiosity purposes. I wouldn't suppose anyone on AGON has one of these, however, from a sonic performance perspective, which would you choose?
https://www.whathifi.com/features/10-worlds-most-expensive-stereo-amplifiers?utm_medium=EMAIL&ut...

128x128gdhal
mikelavigne,

I was under the impression that this was a lighthearted thread. 

I certainly meant no intention to fuel a deep rooted debate.

My apologies to all who were offended by my comments.

LP
Hi Mike,

I was going to comment that the closest thing I've heard to those amps would be when I've heard yours! 

It it would be hard for me to believe that any of those would sound much better than your Dart Zeals. Of course, it's all about the "system" not one particular piece. 

Hope me you've been well!

John

hi John,

yes, all is good and i hope the same with you....and thanks.

agree completely that amps are a 'system synergy' type product. they can be a 'trophy' type product too. but at the top of the food chain the right better amps can make all the difference......they are the 'heart' of the system. the rationalization for investing in very expensive amplifiers requires a specific set of priorities.

OTOH there are fine sounding amps at all price points. and not all expensive amps sound that way......and many of them need very particular systems to flourish. the expensive tube amps typically need particular NOS tubes to really shine.

so this whole subject is multi-dimensional.

LP,

no worries, I did not mean to 'wet blanket' the thread either.

have a great day!