Amp for Acoustic Zen Crescendo 2 ?

Hello all,
I have these speakers for 2 months now and want to move on to a tube amp of 50 - 60 wpc or so, or a SS amp that fits the bill..  My current amp is an Ayre V-5xe.  I'm looking for an amp to sweeten up the top end and has a midrange that does vocals full and articulate, even if that means colored.  The Ayre is a great amp but I think there is a better match out there.  I'll have to save up for used, under $5K.  I'm especially interested with what actual owners would say, as well as their system specifics, but all comments welcome.  Acoustics and speaker placement are fixed and substandard.  That's just the way it goes at our house.
I'm using a steel arm VPI TT with Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, ARC PH-7 and REF 3.  Thanks.

wlutke
Thanks for getting back. Well then yes the Line Magnetic and LTA ZOTL 40 should work great for you. Two great choices. If you dont want to mess with tubes and all that goes with owning a tube amp, then Pass Labs makes some great amps that you could afford used. The 250x for example. The Lyngdorf 2200 is amazing also and runs cool while being light and small. Only $2400 new.

Electrocompaniet makes some of the very best sounding SS amps on the planet. Harder to find used. The McIntosh 402 amp is also very special. Finally the Conrad Johnson ET250s is great sounding and will deliver exactly what you are looking for based on your post. It is a hybrid amp that uses small signal tubes on the input section. Sweet sounding, yet is has the power to control and open up the AZ speakers. The signal tubes are not expensive and last for for many years. No problem running the amp for long periods of time. $2999 new from Spearit Sound on sale. Great price.

I have had better luck with more SS watts on the Crescendo as the speaker just sounds more relaxed, in control, and bass powerful with plentiful SS or hybrid watts. Great quality watts as my suggestions are.

The VAC Phi 200 would be worth a strong look given the attributes you're looking for, and it's available used in your price range.  Also, call Acoustic Zen and see what they'd recommend.  Best of luck. 

charles1dad -
I dropped Wig a line in a current thread.  Hopefully he'll show.  
There are a lot of fine amps mentioned here.  The Devil in the Details is synergy.

wlutke,

After hearing about your room size and other preferences,

I would highly recommend the combo of the Linear tube audio MZ2S and the Zotl 40,Great sound and synergy,I also tried my Valvet soul shine preamp with the 40 and it was just ok sounding.
I have paired the MZ2S with several different amps and have always heard really good sound even a parasound a21 sounded better than I've ever heard one.

The line magnetics are highly regarded and they should be,I have heard all of them but I have never owned any of them.
The Crescendo's are excellent speakers and as Granny Ring has mentioned they do need some pwr,but I think you would be fine with the LTA gear.

Best of luck to you,
Kenny.
Hi Kenny,
Have you heard the LM 508ia specifically? Both Wig and Waltersalas described it as a sublime performer. I could see this and the Linear Tube Audio ZOTL 40 as both being terrific yet distinctly different in their sonic presentation.
Charles