Fuses fuses fuses

Ok, this is about fuses

1- a standard Bussman fuse is UL approved. Are any "high end" fuses UL approved?

2- do any component manufacturers supply their gear with any of the usual suspects of high end fuses as opposed to a standard Bussman?

3- let's say fuses do make a difference. Given incoming power is AC, why could fuses be directional? 

Not meaning to light any fires here- 

thanks in advance 
128x128zavato
Unfortunately, the numbers you cite don’t - by themselves support - HiFi Tuning’s contention in their Interpretation of Measurements section that the differences are around 5%, or in the range of 5%, whatever. Those 4 relatively high numbers are OUTLIERS and can be thrown out. In fact, HIFI TUNING cautions AGAINST using glass fuses, IIRC. Most differences on the data sheets are, by far, an order of magnitude lower than 5%. End of argument. It should also be pointed out we ALREADY KNOW that directionality is only ONE VARIABLE involved with fuses sounding the way they do. Which is why folks often report aftermarket fuses sounding better than stock fuses right away, even when NOT installed in the right direction. Shall we review all the fuse variables?

Of course, the real interesting thing in the fuse measurements was that listening tests correlated to measurements, i.e., the best sounding directional was ALWAYS the direction with least resistance. It’s NOT random. Also note fuse holders were NOT used in the fuse measurements per se but their resistance measurements appears separately. So, we can dispense with the fuse holder argument.

This is all starting to look like a case of not seeing the forest for the trees.

If the glove doesn’t fit you must acquit.

Geoffkait 7-20-2017
Of course, the real interesting thing in the fuse measurements was that listening tests correlated to measurements, i.e., the best sounding directional was ALWAYS the direction with least resistance.
A question:  Where do you see that?

The only reference to listening tests I see in the HiFi Tuning paper is the following statement, which has nothing to do with directionality:
For DC applications it ́s recommended to use the solder type fuse or the cryogenically treated fuses from HiFi-Tuning Germany. 
The drop in resistance up to the factor of 8 is clearly measurable and also could be detected in listening test.
Regards,
-- Al

Which is worse -misrepresenting a fact or embellishing your potential results? 

"Perceptions determine value, and sometimes misconceptions cause prices to become utterly disconnected from the true underlying worth

Doubt I'll earn another gold star for this one

Probably get a poke in the eye with a sharp stick instead 
Enter your text ...

The next part of the problem..... is that it is now shown what the philosophical origins of objective science have said and knew as being correct..from the very beginnings of the concept of logic: that objectivity cannot exist - that objectified isolated realism, local or distant, is not possible.

https://phys.org/news/2017-07-probability-quantum-world-local-realism.html

The reality, the only reality that the results propose, is: objectivity is a fabrication, a projection... of a fundamental reality which is entirely subjective and entangled. That we only posses probability, and theory, and not fact. That 'Fact' cannot exist.

And that’s just the upper lip of the rabbit hole......

almarg
Geoffkait 7-20-2017
Of course, the real interesting thing in the fuse measurements was that listening tests correlated to measurements, i.e., the best sounding directional was ALWAYS the direction with least resistance.

A question: Where do you see that?

The only reference to listening tests I see in the HiFi Tuning paper is the following statement, which has nothing to do with directionality:
For DC applications it ́s recommended to use the solder type fuse or the cryogenically treated fuses from HiFi-Tuning Germany.
The drop in resistance up to the factor of 8 is clearly measurable and also could be detected in listening test.
Regards,
-- Al

>>>>>Al, that’s a good question, but why on Earth would they have even had someone test fuses if not to prove - or at least show evidence - that fuses in general are directional and that HiFi Tuning fuses exhibited better measured characteristics in terms of conductivity than other high end fuses of that time period as well as stock fuses? HiFi Tuning believes in fuse and wire directionality. That’s why they mark their fuses with that diode symbol, so the user can experiment and find out which direction sounds best. So, of course HiFi Tuning obviously believes that the measured data supports their position. Otherwise they would not have published the data. And that the fuse direction that exhibits the lower value for resistance (I.e., higher conductivity) would be the best sounding direction. In their conclusion, they state,

"The measurements done so far showed some measurable differences between fuse,
but didn ́t explain completely the sonic differences between fuses."

That statement shows they believe the directionality measurements correlate with sonic differences (but do not necessarily explain the large sonic differences they heard). As I’ve already indicated many times, there are other variables involved with fuse sonics, fuse directionality is not the only variable. No one ever suggested directionality was the only or even primary variable. One need look no further than the design of many modern aftermarket fuses such as Audio Magic Beeswax fuse and Synergistic Research Black (I.e, Graphene) fuse to see that other factors are involved and addressed, and HiFi Tuning gold and silver fuses and cryo’d fuses obviously address other factors, too.