Another Vandersteen model 2 question

Sorry by keep asking questions and seeking for guidance. I just purchased a pair of 2Ci speakers. I asked Richard about the vintage and he kindly responded by telling me they are about 30 years old. I was half of my age back then and my respect doubled. Really like the sound. Now I'm thinking I must be missing so much between back then and the current new 2Ce models. I can afford them and my wife also likes the warmth and the incredible balance. The amp I'm using is my Vincent SP-331 (not the MK). Cables are run of the mill generic 12awg and bi-wired.

Thank you.

128x128kalali
Without going into great detail, the new Vandy 2Ce Sig. 2's are light years ahead of the older 2Ci. The newer line along with new drivers and fresh design techniques make the latest Vandersteen 2's a no-brainer. The difference is startling.....
I have the 2CE Sig IIs. I have never heard the 2ci model.

But I would like to add that although the Sig IIs sound good with my Line Magnetic tube amp, they sound much better with my solid state Parasound A21.  I suspect if one has a higher powered tube amp with much more current they will appreciate the power to sound their best.
Again the speakers really do sound good with a wide range of power amps, but I think to get that extra smooth timbre and range, to extract the natural sweetness out of them.....the more current the better.
Mr. V constantly upgrades his speakers as time passes, so even the same model can have different parts/sound. 
So, getting a more recent edition will give you slightly better reproduction than an older model. It will be noticeable but not earth-shattering.
I would recommend adding a 2w or 2wq sub (a pair is better) and keep the 2's you now own. The best part is you can still use them if you do want to upgrade.
B
At one time, I had both the 2ci and the 2ce signature.  I liked the 2ci better and kept them.