Anyone Using Crystals?

Are any members using crystals in their systems? If so, how are you using them to get good results?
sabai
My products each employ various crystals of various sizes and types. The reason I use multiple crystal types per product is because all crystal types have their own "bandwidth" if you will, so using multiple crystals in the same location/application spreads out the effective bandwidth. The "bandwidth of operation" for a crystal is a function of the specific atomic structure of the crystal, a symmetrical 3D structure. So agate might work very well in one place but not so well in another place. And because crystals are resonators they can hurt the sound in some places. Trying to match a certain single crystal to an audio application is a little too much trial and error for me. 😀
i think the same on that, and my experiment confirm what you said...Thanks Geoffkait
mahgister,

Thank you very much for all the details. Your thoroughness and patience have been the keys to your success.

You stated, "... you must experiment one pieces at a time, because all rooms and all systems are different ..." This has also been my experience.

You stated, "... for example using some metal bowls on the walls at ear level with some crystals in their center ..." I will be experimenting with this method soon.

You also talked about "controlling vibrations and negative subsequent resonance". I use sand boxes under and above components for this purpose with good results.

You stated, " ... Crystals damping the mechanical vibrations ? i dont buy that ..." Neither do I. My experiments -- like yours that have been ongoing over a period of years -- do not support this conclusion.

As you rightly point out, patience and trial and error are the keys to success here. You have clearly shown that even modest systems can be transformed if you have the necessary patience to persist with the lengthy trial and error process.

You stated, "The final results kills my urge to change and buy, so-call upgraditis ..." This has also been my experience. Using devices to dampen mechanical vibrations and using various resonators and crystals to create resonance have enabled my system to produce a quality of sound I had no idea was possible to attain when I began this project.
Finally! The suspense was killing me. The OP steps up to the plate, taps the plate a few times with his bat, gets set, swings ...and ...misses! Whoosh! The breeze feels good.

I hate to judge before all the facts are in but it looks like this thread is destined to become a repeat of the tiny little bowl thread. Note to self: Sometimes it’s better to remain an observer and refrain from getting involved in one’s own trollie mollie OP.
I dont know the little bowl thread...

But my experiment with crystals comme from some boys, Geoff Kait, another one Walker, and finally after acoustic revive products, Jack Bybee, who claims that some crystals suspended on a wall can transform the soundstage of the speakers... I dont have this kind of money and cannot afford his product, then i decide to experiment with my own possibilities, the conclusion is , yes , some crystals can transform the acoustic of a room... In my case with my own very rough experimentation,there is some subtle but clearly there is an EFFECT, i use only some copper bowl plate (like Walker product) with fluorite crystals and shungite, the effect was there... I dont say that this experiment of mine equal Bybee more sophisticate product, or Walker products, i dont know and probably not, but at the end perhaps there is something there...I think so now...in conclusion crystals dont act only by damping effect...This is more complex phenomenon...