South Florida - join in and make a REAL effort!

Ok, I have browsed the periodic threads for the Miami and other South Florida areas for audio clubs.  The interested parties are out there, but the thread posts are too few and far between, not to mention they span a few threads.

So, I will promise to act as the ring leader and gather the info and try to get something going!  If you are interested, post here, tell us your city and e-mail.  I'll make a list and if we get some traction, I will send out an e-mail to any interested parties so we can all make something happen!

In another post I was putting out a feeler to see if there are any vinyl fans who would like to share the cost of a high end record cleaner.  That can be something that some local vinyl fans may be interested in.

I would be happy to connect and hang out with other music nuts from time to time.  So, let it begin!

- Mark Tomaras mark (at) marktomaras (dot) com
marktomaras
I think a fun activity for a meetup could be that a host offers his home for some listening, and perhaps two other members bring some different speaker cables, to explore the differences in a particular system. Not necessarily because the host is in the market for cables, but rather just to educate our ears and have a group discussion. Another way to do that would be to use the cable company's lending library and chip in for the cost, and experience a cable comparison together.  And of course, discuss the nuances over some nice malt whiskey!
We had about 25 active members, but slow growing due to limited word of mouth.  After migrating to Meetup, lots of local audiophiles started finding us!  We now have over 100 members (60+ active), and a sister club spun off in Sarasota (also on Meetup).  If you search Meetup, you'll find many audiophile clubs are using it worldwide.  The platform has it's quirks, but overall lots of tools for managing meetings, RSVP's, discussion forum, uploading pics, etc.  My suggestion is to make it a PRIVATE group, and vett your prospective members with a phone call and/or public meeting.
Thanks Neil, you're on the list!

himiguel & chazro, please send me an email. My email address is at the top of this thread. I'll add you as well. As soon as we get a handful of interested parties we can see what we feel like doing with this thing!
marktomaras,

I am in Chicago and have thought the same thing should happen here. But, I tend to agree with sleepysurf. A small private group of vinyl guys getting together.

I have done the club thing in Juneau, AK and here in Chicago. Both Kayak Clubs/ Not Audio. A few people do all the work to make the club happen. Exhausted me eventually.

Think that I will try Meet Up to try finding a few audio buddies here. So your effort has had good effect near and far.

I will follow your efforts with interest.

Best Wishes on this Journey