South Florida - join in and make a REAL effort!

Ok, I have browsed the periodic threads for the Miami and other South Florida areas for audio clubs.  The interested parties are out there, but the thread posts are too few and far between, not to mention they span a few threads.

So, I will promise to act as the ring leader and gather the info and try to get something going!  If you are interested, post here, tell us your city and e-mail.  I'll make a list and if we get some traction, I will send out an e-mail to any interested parties so we can all make something happen!

In another post I was putting out a feeler to see if there are any vinyl fans who would like to share the cost of a high end record cleaner.  That can be something that some local vinyl fans may be interested in.

I would be happy to connect and hang out with other music nuts from time to time.  So, let it begin!

- Mark Tomaras mark (at) marktomaras (dot) com
marktomaras
Ha!  Well, I cannot help your theory, Tomaras is a Greek name!  Though I am several generations American, so the Greek is pretty dilute.  But glad to see you posted to my thread!  Would you be interested in taking part in some sort of local group?  Not necessarily the kind of group with weekly meet ups - who has time for that!?  But perhaps a conversation here and there with an odd meet up perhaps.
Great! Chazro and Himiguel, can you share your email addresses? The reason I ask is, it may take a little time for people to chime in here, and once I see that we have real interest, it will be great to send a note to everyone. As far as I know, there is no way to send messages to users on this forum, so email will be a good way to reach everyone simultaneously. If you're like me, people go through periods of time where you may not use audiogon for a while.
I suggest using Meetup (an online Social Network focusing on aggregating folks with similar interests) to get a South Florida audio club going.  Our local (Tampa Bay) Suncoast Audiophile Society quadrupled in size after we migrated to Meetup.  There *is* a modest fee (monthly or semi-annual) for the group organizer (not members) but that can be easily recouped from the active membership.
Sounds promising! Did you use meetup to find the members, or did you find the members on audiogon and then direct the group to use meetup for communications?

One of the big problems I find with this forum is that if a user does not remain active with any particular post, even if he or she has interest, the momentum dies.  If there was a way to more effectively communicate with a group, a club could get off the ground!