Vandersteen 2Ci - Bi-wire cable question

This might sound like a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway. I see lots of bi-wire speaker cables with one pair wire connection to the amp on one side and two pairs (bi-wire) on the other/speaker end. I always questioned the wisdom and wondered how these cables are made. So here's my question: Are there any benefits in "converting" my regular speaker cables into bi-wire by simply splicing two short pairs of  cables, of course same quality as the main cable with connectors on the speaker ends.The speaker in question is Vandersteen 2Ci which doesn't have jumpers. I'm also wondering how folks hook up regular speaker wires to these speakers.

Or, I should also ask if a bi-wire connection mandatory on these speakers? Thanks.

128x128kalali
For that long of a run you need good wire.
i had a L shaped layout with Vandy 3a signature with 20' runs - they benefited greatly with a shotgun biwire pair of Audioquest Type 6 wire.
most of the questions you are asking are in the Ask Richard part of his website
he strongly prefers bi-wire and external if possible

+1 tomic601   If you can swing it at some point you would do well to upgrade the quality of the wire you're using.  Vandy's are sufficiently resolving of fine details that it Will make a difference.
Yup, that is a long run. A nice set of AQ Rocket 88's would be your best bet in my humble opinion. A used pair can be found for not that much money and often turn up on Ebay or Audiogon.
Audioconnection helped me reterminate a set of Rockefellers in to true Bi-wire. I need to see if he has any Castle Rock.
Bob
I have a well-loved pair of 2ci's that I've been running with two pairs of Audioquest Indigo+ cables to an Aragon 4004 II amplifier, whose binding posts are big enough to accommodate two spade lugs per post.  Since the 2ci (or at least my pair) have banana jacks, the speaker end spades are screwed into a pair of Straightwire spade-to-banana adaptors.  Been using this setup for 20 years.  Works for me.